Granite Granite Mega 4x4 to Brushless

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Runitt

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. 4x4-Mega
Started with a Mega 4x4 converted to brushless. This rig hauls!! Definitely need a wheelie bar.
Here’s my list of parts I used.
-BLX 3660 motor from Jennys
-Hobby Wing 10BL120 ESC
-ADS 15m 15kg servo from Jennys
-Talion 6s Katar rims/tires from Jennys
-HD 17t input drive, front and rear diffs
-3s stock aluminum motor mount from Jennys
-HD 57t slipper clutch set (0.8 mod)
-Integy 17mm hub extension +6mm
-Tower Hobbies 30c 5000 mah 3s hardcase Lipo.
-45 w shock oil
-Stock BLX 3s front/rear springs
-20t pinion

How do you like the bl 120 in there, I have a lot of cogging issues with my stock granite blx and it’s quite annoying.

How do you like the bl 120 in there, I have a lot of cogging issues with my stock granite blx and it’s quite annoying.
The Hobbywing Quicrun BL120 seems to be working fine so far, no cogging issues. The only issue I’ve had is color matching the wires to the motor, the polarity is reversed. I switched the orange/blue wires, good now. Besides that I have to put the heat sink on the motor. It’s definitely running warm. And I have a wheelie bar on order. I wheelied a hole in the rear of the body. I’ll grab another body soon off Jennys. Btw, your cogging problem might be a punch setting issue?

The punch setting is all the way up, I’ve tried lowering it but it’s still there so I was planning to get a better esc. I tried a castle sv3 but I can’t get past the 5v bec it’s just too weak I did like the throttle response though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back