Granite Granite Mega 550, Overheating? Help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCnoob21

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Mojave EXB
Hey, after running the truck for a while it stops moving but I can turn the wheels. The ESC flashes a steady red, not fast, about 1 flash per second. How can I tell what’s overheating? Motor or ESC? It’s all stock and I don’t think I can mount fans to the ESC but I know they make the aftermarket heat sinks for the motor. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Lars

It probably is overheating. Get a fan for it for $10-12 off Amazon, that fixed it for my son's Granite 550. While you're at it, get a heatsink/fan combo for the motor to protect it from failure.

Hey, after running the truck for a while it stops moving but I can turn the wheels. The ESC flashes a steady red, not fast, about 1 flash per second. How can I tell what’s overheating? Motor or ESC? It’s all stock and I don’t think I can mount fans to the ESC but I know they make the aftermarket heat sinks for the motor. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Lars
Esc overheating, I recommend getting a cheap brushless motor to put in it, 3800kv or lower with a 3660 can size, don’t cheap out on ESCs. Then once you are ready to get a fancy setup, you can go for it.

It probably is overheating. Get a fan for it for $10-12 off Amazon, that fixed it for my son's Granite 550. While you're at it, get a heatsink/fan combo for the motor to protect it from failure.
I don’t see any provisions for adding a fan…will it just go over it?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back