Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest Arrma RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the Arrma-RC brand!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Granite mega battery

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Desertrat, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Desertrat

Desertrat Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Granite
    I just got my Granite, when I bought it it said a 7 cell Nimh would fit without any mods, however when I went to install the battery it will not fit. Am I doing something wrong?

2. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Fury, Granite
    You have to pull out the foam spacer in the back of the battery box and then it will fit.

The Granite, Vorteks and Raider (non XL) all use the short wheel base SWB chassis. The Fury uses the long wheel base LWB chassis which has a bit more room.

I can tell you with certainty that my Granite BLS came with a 7 cell NiMH (stick, not hump) battery pack and it fits just fine.

3. Desertrat

Desertrat Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Granite
    Great I sent the battery back lol. I suspected taking that out but the instructions made no note of it. I didn't want to go yanking on things until I knew more about it.
    Thanks

4. Rto_13

Rto_13 Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Granite
    I had the same question, though that answer doesn't make sense to me because it wouldn't make up the inch or more space needed for the battery

Boscoe likes this.
  5. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Fury, Granite
    What doesn't make sense?

Here is the Short Wheel Base (SWB) chassis part information: (You can see where it is used on all of the new MEGA, BLS and BLX models)
    http://www.arrma-rc.com/part-info2.php?partNo=AR320201

Here is the top section of the upgrade card for all the Granite models: (Note where the BLS is supplied with a 7 cell battery)
    upload_2015-9-4_16-22-50.png

You can also look at the story board at images 23-25:
    http://www.arrma-rc.com/rc-cars/latest/granite/bls/story-board

Bottom line... a 7cell NiMH stick battery does fit in the Granite or other SWB chassis based vehicles.

Aflan likes this.
  6. Aflan

Aflan Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton, Mojave
    @Walter , damn you!...You just over took me in seconds...:eek:...Must be running 3s lipo...;)

7. Rto_13

Rto_13 Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Granite
  8. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Fury, Granite
    I'll try and measure my stock 7 cell battery and let you know how big it is.

9. Rto_13

Rto_13 Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Granite
    Okay thanks

Can you recomend a 7 cell battery that will fit?

Sorry about that whole thing, I just didn't really want to take the foam out becuase i thought it would be glued in, but it's not, so I can put it back in if needed. Thank you.

• Welcome to Arrma Forum

Arrma Forum is a Arrma RC fan site that was started to give Arrma RC enthusiasts a place to come together and discuss and share their experiences with the entire Arrma-RC product line, such as the Arrma Kraton, Arrma Talion, and Arrma Granite.

We welcome all Arrma RC enthusiasts, both new and old, racers and bashers that share a common goal - a willingness to help and learn.
  • Disclaimer