Granite mega battery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Desertrat

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
I just got my Granite, when I bought it it said a 7 cell Nimh would fit without any mods, however when I went to install the battery it will not fit. Am I doing something wrong?

You have to pull out the foam spacer in the back of the battery box and then it will fit.

The Granite, Vorteks and Raider (non XL) all use the short wheel base SWB chassis. The Fury uses the long wheel base LWB chassis which has a bit more room.

I can tell you with certainty that my Granite BLS came with a 7 cell NiMH (stick, not hump) battery pack and it fits just fine.

Great I sent the battery back lol. I suspected taking that out but the instructions made no note of it. I didn't want to go yanking on things until I knew more about it.
Thanks

I had the same question, though that answer doesn't make sense to me because it wouldn't make up the inch or more space needed for the battery

I had the same question, though that answer doesn't make sense to me because it wouldn't make up the inch or more space needed for the battery

What doesn't make sense?

Here is the Short Wheel Base (SWB) chassis part information: (You can see where it is used on all of the new MEGA, BLS and BLX models)
http://www.arrma-rc.com/part-info2.php?partNo=AR320201

Here is the top section of the upgrade card for all the Granite models: (Note where the BLS is supplied with a 7 cell battery)
upload_2015-9-4_16-22-50.png

You can also look at the story board at images 23-25:
http://www.arrma-rc.com/rc-cars/latest/granite/bls/story-board

Bottom line... a 7cell NiMH stick battery does fit in the Granite or other SWB chassis based vehicles.

I'll try and measure my stock 7 cell battery and let you know how big it is.

Okay thanks

Can you recomend a 7 cell battery that will fit?

Sorry about that whole thing, I just didn't really want to take the foam out becuase i thought it would be glued in, but it's not, so I can put it back in if needed. Thank you.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back