Granite Granite mega better ESC for 2s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martin34

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
Hi I want my son's mega to stay brushed for now but would like to run a 2s lipo in it for him.I know it's 2s compatable stock but even on a NiMH the stock ESC gets very hot.I have a fan on the motor and that stays nice and cool.I know you can get the hobbywing 1060 but will that actually be any better?

Probably not. Can you mount a fan on the stock esc?

I was thinking that but the ESC fins slope down so it won't sit flush.

Yes mate.Prity sure it's a 25x25 yeah racing fan.I will measure it when home.I just bolted it onto the heatsink with two Allen bolts.Only ran about three 2s 5000mah packs through it so far but it hasn't got to hot.

Attachments

• IMG_20200528_054913.jpg
    IMG_20200528_054913.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 37
I have a Senton Mega and my ESC also used to get really hot kinda solved it by adjusting the throttle trim to 50% still accelerates good but its much more controllable speed wise and I meed to use less brake.

That said im replacing my ESC with a Hobbywing 1080. Because the Stock ESC of mine has a way to high LVC vs my HPI that has a 1060 clone from stock and when it hits LVC it cuts power to half until you hit 6.4v. My senton stops dead at 7.2-7.4v

1080 is a great budget brushed ESC, labeled as a crawler ESC but easy to program for a basher ?

1080 is a great budget brushed ESC, labeled as a crawler ESC but easy to program for a basher ?
Exactly why I bought lots of options on it and if I ever get a crawler I could just switch it over or get another one

With the fan on the motor and ESC I am able to run a full 5000mah 2s with no heat issues.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back