GRANITE MEGA DIFF UPGRADE DID I GET CORRECT PARTS?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sldnx01

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
I just bought a 30c 2s 5000mah lipo and charger. First time I have ever touched lipo stuff. 10 minutes into the first run I hear a ticking noise every tire rotation. Took the diff apart finally,took me all evening because I didn't understand the blow up parts diagram. Now I have the rear of the granite in a million pieces. Anyway I took the diff apart and the main bigger gear has some wear. Ok that's fine I get that. But there is still something going on in the middle behind that gear when you turn those pieces the axles go into. Sorry I don't know what they are called. Anyway there is grinding. I oiled everything up and it still does it. So I ordered a bunch of parts I think should convert me to the blx metal diff stuff. The part numbers are as follows.

AR722308 SCREW SET
AR310001 GEARBOX SET
AR310599 INPUT SHAFT
AR310016 20T IDLER GEAR
AR310416 DIFF GEAR SET
AR320007 MOTOR MOUNT
AR320181 BLX MOTOR GUARD
Am I missing anything? Also is there anywhere to find a better diagram or anything so I know where all these screws go back? I totally forget which screw goes where.
One more thing, any of you guys have a aftermarket or upgraded screw kit? like going from these stock black screws to stainless or something? I have had to order some new screws here and there because the heads rounded immediatly when trying to get out or put back in.
Thanks in advance for any help. Sorry if I worded things bad.

Last edited:
So... i just finished getting it back together with the damaged diff till i get the new parts in. I could have sworn i did it correctly but i ended up with 2 extra washers... not sure where they go but i took it out for a 15 min rip with no clank noises or anything seemed to run fine. Wierd. But thanks for the reply ill read it all

The granite is crap can't handle the brushless power and is made of glass. I've been through 3 transmission gear sets have fun ordering parts

The granite is crap can't handle the brushless power and is made of glass. I've been through 3 transmission gear sets have fun ordering parts
That doesn't scare me at all. I don't mind waiting for parts haha. Ill buy and build whatever i just like tinkering on stuff.

I just got all the parts i ordered i thought was to complete this conversion... im missing some bearings that collar i think and the circlip on the shaft. Awesome this was $150 from the states to here in canada. Now waiting for more parts.

I just got all the parts i ordered i thought was to complete this conversion... im missing some bearings that collar i think and the circlip on the shaft. Awesome this was $150 from the states to here in canada. Now waiting for more parts.
sldnx01- try exploded parts on your manual on how to replace the spur gears. Also when you take them apart what I do is I lay them down in a line next to each other from right to left so I will remember the very right in the laid parts came out first. If your techy enough take a photo using your mobile phone before disassemble so you would have reference after. And also it suggest on owners manual white grease not oil, heavy oil 50K only on differentials - behind the spur gears that you notice have grinding. Cause oil on gears attract dirt and when oil dries the dirt sticks more. White grease turns into filmy protection for some parts of gears. Hope it helps , in also new but I learn from my mistake I just want to share. Good luck .

I got the metal gears for the diff from tower hobb8es in the states. Huge mistake costed almost 150 after shipping and echange. I just got a castle creations motor and esc, traxxas servo from hobby wholesale in edmonton. But when i would need a screw i forgot to order i would go to local shop here in sask and get a different vrand but same measurement screw

I bought the car for 250. 200 on lipos 200 motor amd servo 150 rear diff and all the other random poop i have had to buy. Im almost at a grand in that car....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back