Granite granite mega diffs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JShipman5

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
I had some binding in one of my diffs, so when I opened it up I found that there was a washer and o-ring missing from one of the outdrives. After I replace them I was thinking about adding a little more grease in the diff. Does anyone know what kind of grease was in there and also should I add to it or clean them out and put new greas in?

I had some binding in one of my diffs, so when I opened it up I found that there was a washer and o-ring missing from one of the outdrives. After I replace them I was thinking about adding a little more grease in the diff. Does anyone know what kind of grease was in there and also should I add to it or clean them out and put new greas in?

How did you identify the binding? I purchased a Granite 4x4 roller and put in my own electronics, tires, and body. I've noticed that every rotation of the rear diff has a little clicking and binding. I swapped the front and rear diffs, and in the process loosened the screws holding the diff together and that helped some. I thought maybe it would go away after breaking in a little bit, but I'm curious about the missing washer and o-ring you talk about.

It did not bind a much when the drive shafts were intact. First I removed the drive shafts to clean and oil the bearings. Once they were removed the outdrives on one diff felt very secure but the other diff I could push and pull the outdrives in and out of the diff cases a little bit. Then I opened up the diff to see what was going on and everything looked good until I realized there was no o-ring and washer on one of the outdrives. The outdrive that didn't have the o-ring and washer was able to go in far enough to bind up the diff to where neither side would turn. It appears that when the drive shaft is screwed in it doesn't allow the outdrive to have as much wiggle room, therefore it didn't cause a lot of problems. However the other diff has no binding issues whatsoever though. So I am assuming that the o-ring and washer should help get ride of all that wiggle room.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back