Granite mega esc & servo issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ben&Sons

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Typhon 3s
SOS...!! Hi to all that can help...!! Old-ish fart wanted some me and son time so bought the granite mega as can’t trust him with lipo charging etc just yet..!!

anyway, granite landed yesterday, two batteries in and it’s cutting out and steering servo is making a clicking noise on day one. Only running the 8.4v 3300mah battery packs. I sorted the slipper clutch last night with the free tool, would the wheels forward and rolled it back a touch, now wheelies 👊🏻

problem 1 - Steering servo - I took the servo out and moved the arm left and right, clicking is coming from within but can’t believe the gear is stripped already..?!?! Can anyone recommend a replacement I can get in the uk, waterproof with metal gears as seems pointless claiming warranty on poss hobby grade standard servo. Budget say £30- to £40- of the queens finest.

problem 2 - ESC - I’ve read threads on esc flashing and cutting out drive but there based on running with 2s. As above, mine is on NiMH and started on second battery before I tightened the slipper.

took a run out today, first battery in and servo is getting worse, still steers but clicking is louder and esc cut out after 7min of light to hard driving on grass and large humps / jumps.

Help appreciated, just into RC after a 30 year hiatus so to say I know nothing would be an understatement...Thanks...!

Don't know about the ESC but I can tell you, from what you described about the servo that a gear is stripped inside. Especially if it is a plastic gear servo. Plastic gear servos strip very easily
A DS3218 PRO from Amazon or eBay should work fine in the Granite Mega

Don't know about the ESC but I can tell you, from what you described about the servo that a gear is stripped inside. Especially if it is a plastic gear servo. Plastic gear servos strip very easily
A DS3218 PRO from Amazon or eBay should work fine in the Granite Mega
Cheers fella....will check it out 👍🏻

my ESC buggered up on the second running. had to take it back so the guys at the shop can collaborate with arrma. mine is a 100 blx, not being able to leave anything alone, i had mounted it on a vertical surface with the battery leads down and it would work fine. bad connections are my opinion. i looked at my housing and there are no cracks. poor QC from the factory. result of the lowest bidder.

Ok - so I contacted the hobby store I got the Granite from and they are sending a replacement FOC understandably- picture attached, here’s hoping this lasts for a while, metal gears and waterproof 👊🏻

CBA81953-CDF4-4CC6-836C-2010107D6843.png

Nope - Free Of Charge understandably, I just need to post back the broken one in their pre-paid Jiffy bag that comes with the replacement. Modelsport are seriously helpful, will price match and have an unbelievable returns policy in general...

Nope - Free Of Charge understandably, I just need to post back the broken one in their pre-paid Jiffy bag that comes with the replacement. Modelsport are seriously helpful, will price match and have an unbelievable returns policy in general...
Sounds like a win to me. Please post the end results. Hopefully I will hear something tomorrow.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back