Granite Granite mega no throttle, only steering..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
He all,
Yesterday went bashing with my son .
A typhon on 4s and a granite mega on 2s.

After 5 minutes the granite lost his throttle,only steering works.

Can that be the motor burned? Or probably the esc ?

How can I check this?
Thanks in advance !

ESC probably went into low voltage (your battery was low) or possibly the ESC got too hot and it went into thermal protection. Try it again with a new battery and see if it works. The ESC should flash an LED code when this happens. It would also help if you read the manual once in a while! :)

The motor should beep when you turn on the esc (sound comes from the motor not the esc) if it doesn't check the motor. Easy way to check the motor is to hook power directly to the motor leads and see if it spins if it doesn't replace the motor.

Any news? Typically a quick off and back on will get the motor running again. You either hit temperature overload or voltage overload.

Finaly had sone time to check the granite.
Checked again with a full battery but still only steering works.
The led on the esc is burning when I throttle and goes out when i do nothing.

When i put the battery directly to the motor it didn't do anything.
Only i hear a beeping sound from the motor and some smoke comin out...

So I think the motor died..

Only after a few runs on lipo unfortunately.
I've been reading a lot on this forum and many people have this when drivin on lipo so I think I'll better get me an brushless combo for the granite.

https://www.trxxs-winkel.nl/hobbywing-ezrun-combo-max10-3660sl-3200kv-p-9771.html

Maybe this one, let's find out

Finaly had sone time to check the granite.
Checked again with a full battery but still only steering works.
The led on the esc is burning when I throttle and goes out when i do nothing.

When i put the battery directly to the motor it didn't do anything.
Only i hear a beeping sound from the motor and some smoke comin out...

So I think the motor died..

Only after a few runs on lipo unfortunately.
I've been reading a lot on this forum and many people have this when drivin on lipo so I think I'll better get me an brushless combo for the granite.

https://www.trxxs-winkel.nl/hobbywing-ezrun-combo-max10-3660sl-3200kv-p-9771.html

Maybe this one, let's find out

You bought that truck new at "Toemen".. Right?? Give them a call.. Try to work something out with Jasper himself.. Let him warranty the old motor.. Buy a new combo.. And trade in the new one you'll get after warranty..

You bought that truck new at "Toemen".. Right?? Give them a call.. Try to work something out with Jasper himself.. Let him warranty the old motor.. Buy a new combo.. And trade in the new one you'll get after warranty..

Yes I bought it there.
I was also thinking to give m a call and see what they can do .

Maybe some discount on a new combo or something.

Yes I bought it there.
I was also thinking to give m a call and see what they can do .

Maybe some discount on a new combo or something.

Im planning on a second truck.. But it comes with a spektrum DX2E.. Wich i think feels worse than my childhood toygrade transmitter.. So im planning to buy a spektrum DX5 Rugged.. He offered my a 50eu trade in for the DX2E.. Wich only does 60eu new.. He's a fair guy.. I think you can work something out..

Im planning on a second truck.. But it comes with a spektrum DX2E.. Wich i think feels worse than my childhood toygrade transmitter.. So im planning to buy a spektrum DX5 Rugged.. He offered my a 50eu trade in for the DX2E.. Wich only does 60eu new.. He's a fair guy.. I think you can work something out..
Just get the DX5C, its lots cheaper and same thing.

The DX2E is not great, but it is not bad
I'd jump on a $50 trade in, though.

The STX2 is the radio everyone hates, with good reason.

The DX2E is not great, but it is not bad
I'd jump on a $50 trade in, though.

The STX2 is the radio everyone hates, with good reason.

I know.. Radio wise the DX2E is okay.. But.. Than.. The trigger has not quitte much feel to it.. And the plastic steering wheel isnt all that either..
I guess its all a matter of opinion..
I had both the Rugged and Pro in my hands.. I love the rubber wheel of the rugged.. Even over the foam ones.. And what got me of the pro..? Well it was that the steering radius is smaller..
Just get the DX5C, its lots cheaper and same thing.

Im kinda the "support your LHS guy" in most cases.. He doesn't sell that one.. And than.. I had the Rugged in my hands and it feels so good! Rubber over foam IMO.. Plus, im not really that carefull with the thing.. My TTX needed cleaning after fine sand got into the wheel part..

Im not all to sure about this.. But you said you ran the truck on LiPo a few runs..

Did you put the ESC in LiPo mode before you ran it?

Yes i did put it in lipo mode by setting the little thing the other way on the esc.
Checked it again but I did.

Think these brushed motors don't like the lipo very much

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back