Granite Granite mega no throttle, only steering..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ran my brushed setup for months on 2S lipo and never had any issues. I broke plenty of other sh!t but the motor and ESC were fine.

I ran my brushed granite (mega) on 2s and found that the motor would smoke after 2 or 3 packs. It did better if I stayed out of the grass, but not much. It did do a little better with the traxxas motor in it, the Titan 12T 550. It did best when I went brushless...

Wich brushless set you've got?
I started with the hobbywing max 10 3652 combo on 2s. Everything else stock, and it did fine. Chewed a few gears here and there but nothing crazy. When I went 3s, I busted the input gear and replaced with the HD one. Once I really started toying with 3s it all went downhill. Breaking stuff left and right. So, I upgraded to all 3s blx parts, a max10 sct, and a 3670 motor. I think the only stock parts still on it are the steering rack and shocks... Money pit for sure but fun to build. You can take as far as you want, but ultimately it would have been cheaper to just buy a 3s truck. There are cheap brushless combos available that have a decent reputation but I'm not too well versed on them.

I ran my brushed setup for months on 2S lipo and never had any issues. I broke plenty of other sh!t but the motor and ESC were fine.
I started with the hobbywing max 10 3652 combo on 2s. Everything else stock, and it did fine. Chewed a few gears here and there but nothing crazy. When I went 3s, I busted the input gear and replaced with the HD one. Once I really started toying with 3s it all went downhill. Breaking stuff left and right. So, I upgraded to all 3s blx parts, a max10 sct, and a 3670 motor. I think the only stock parts still on it are the steering rack and shocks... Money pit for sure but fun to build. You can take as far as you want, but ultimately it would have been cheaper to just buy a 3s truck. There are cheap brushless combos available that have a decent reputation but I'm not too well versed on them.

Thanks for the info !

I'm thinking to get an brushless combo and just drive if in 2s for a while till the rest is upgraded before running it on 3s

Hey family of ARRMA BASHERS, So first off this is my very first actual truck that has the bells and whistles on it and well I'm did this for my kids. So I had switched out the original battery to a lipo battery which I had made sure that everything that I got was correct as far as voltage, amps, and things like that. Well after I took the hole thing apart I found out that my transmission gear as plastic against metal which I'm hope that I didn't fry my esc because of the motor get too as at well from the swap from different batteries which I had done everything properly I hope because after it had technically died it just died and was on a flat surface and wasn't doing anything crazy at that point in time. But still had put a ADS-7M SERVO in it after taking everything apart or as I was thinking everything apart but now the esc will not do the beep beep beep? Any thing come to mind as far as trouble shouting by chance?

Hey family of ARRMA BASHERS, So first off this is my very first actual truck that has the bells and whistles on it and well I'm did this for my kids. So I had switched out the original battery to a lipo battery which I had made sure that everything that I got was correct as far as voltage, amps, and things like that. Well after I took the hole thing apart I found out that my transmission gear as plastic against metal which I'm hope that I didn't fry my esc because of the motor get too as at well from the swap from different batteries which I had done everything properly I hope because after it had technically died it just died and was on a flat surface and wasn't doing anything crazy at that point in time. But still had put a ADS-7M SERVO in it after taking everything apart or as I was thinking everything apart but now the esc will not do the beep beep beep? Any thing come to mind as far as trouble shouting by chance?

What?

Well damn I guess I'll have to tell the wife lol that it being the first week that I actually have had it up and running and last night she didn't want to do anything after that.
Okay hang let me see if I can video what's going on because I had to take apart the driveshaft and the gears that drive the rear wheels aka the transmission correct?? Because that's where the driveshaft and the motor meet to transfer the motions to the wheels correct??
I'm honestly a noobie to this hole hobby I'm just making sure that I can show my kids what parts that I'm needing to fix because I have steering but no acceleration. What's that sound is that the new servo I just put in or is more than just that

Last edited:
Yes i did put it in lipo mode by setting the little thing the other way on the esc.
Checked it again but I did.

Think these brushed motors don't like the lipo very much
The only thing it’ll do setting it on lipo mode is enable lvc (low-voltage cut off) which saves the Lipo bat from over depleting. Has no effect otherwise. Brushed motors don’t last long in the megas and even a 2s lipo is too much for them. So most likely it burned out.

Which once again it completely weird because I had tried to switch the system back to complete out of the box normal same servo at the time just back to basics still not but still had steering. But then I did the switch from nickel to lipo for every single time and maybe it had been to much I'm not sure but it had traveling through tailer grass than I was anticipating it was going to do so I mean. I'm just lost on what parts to get I have on delivery metal gears to replace the plastic one that I have now gone through, aluminum gear housing for that new gear, new gear plate, a new same turn motor, and well not coming on this order but also I new servo that's also been installed..
Dude I just bought an RTR which means that most of the stuff that you guys can built from the ground up means the RTR are some what crap because of us dad's or other's that are trying to have fun and living on a budget to go try to have some type of fun.

Last edited:
He all,
Yesterday went bashing with my son .
A typhon on 4s and a granite mega on 2s.

After 5 minutes the granite lost his throttle,only steering works.

Can that be the motor burned? Or probably the esc ?

How can I check this?
Thanks in advance !
I'm having the same issue, it will take 2 or 3 mins to connect the reciever, and loose bind mid play. Fresh nihm and also fresh lipo2.
Connections all in properly. Anyone have thoughts as to why?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back