Granite Mega Spur Stripping

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stimpy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hey up folks,

My boy has a Granite Mega with a mildly upgraded motor that we run on 2S.Stripped out the spur a while back and assumed I had meshed it incorrectly to the pinion but the same has happened again today.

In fairness to the truck he is doing some 3 to 4m high jumps to flat at the skatepark so I don't expect miracles!

I see there is a BLX upgrade suggested in another thread, however we cannot get these parts in the UK and I suspect with shipping and getting raped for tax it would cost a considerable amount to purchase them from the US.

Looking at the truck it is clear to me that the reason this is happening is that the motor itself mounts to some pretty flimsy plastic and is also at the very rear of the truck where it will take a beating on heavy rear landings, this will in turn change the mesh and thereby strip the spur...

Has anyone found a way to overcome this? I haven't had a proper look yet but if one could get a thin sheet of metal sandwiched in there to add some rigidity and then perhaps a metal spur I'd have thought that would do the trick?..

Thanks

It's the 2wd version.

Very much a price point truck but be great to find at least a bit of a solution so we can keep using it at the skatepark for now. It also saves my trucks getting as much abuse!..

I did have a quick sneak in the garage earlier and I reckon a metal plate is feasible.

I have the 4x4 mega and would also like to upgrade to the BLX spur and motor mount. How much more would need to be added through the slipper assembly, center shaft and differential? I'd like to do as little as possible beyond the pinion, spur and motor mount... Anyone know?

Just to update this, I managed to fab a plate up from some carbon fibre I had lay about. It runs very close now to the back slipper plate but enough room for comfort and certainly not a high power machine which would chew this apart.

The truck was tested to destruction today at the skatepark by my son (as usual) and so far so good! That was 2 packs worth of running till the back of the motor can let go - we'd had a previous issue with this motor and it had been bodged back together...

So all in all pretty happy with that :).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back