Granite Granite Mega to brushless

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JacobLS1

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
Here's my Mega that I converted to brushless.

ONYX 3000kv motor
ONYX ESC
Typhon control arms
Typhon tie-rods and turnbuckle
Driveshaft support
BLX slipper assembly
13/57 gearing
XT90 connectors

I don't have pics of the "BLX" conversion but I just added typhon arms. Noticeable difference in stance and track width. I haven't tested it out yet. Are the Bigrock/typhon driveshafts longer? The current ones seem to cover the gap, but I'm a little concerned.

I need to adjust the toe and camber but otherwise I think it's a great conversion, and having the option to adjust camber and toe is great.

Thanks for looking!

20210510_203624.jpg

20210510_200729.jpg

20210510_205715.jpg

20210510_210728.jpg

20210510_215216.jpg

20210510_215227.jpg

The mega plastic motor mount is going to flex too much and kill your spur gear. Should replace with a new BLX motor mount.

I recommend using zip ties to clean up motor wires. 🤷‍♂️
I usually have them tucked into the wire holder on the chassis.
The mega plastic motor mount is going to flex too much and kill your spur gear. Should replace with a new BLX motor mount.
That is probably why I keep going through spur gears.. I actually have one, I just haven't installed it yet. It came with the arms yesterday, but I didn't start the arms and turnbuckle until later in the day.

I usually have them tucked into the wire holder on the chassis.

That is probably why I keep going through spur gears.. I actually have one, I just haven't installed it yet. It came with the arms yesterday, but I didn't start the arms and turnbuckle until later in the day.
Yep - that will happen. Switch to the BLX adjustable one, get a good mesh - should be good for a long time. Still have never killed a spur and have (2) 3s rigs and a 6s rig. Run them each about 3 times a week.

Yep - that will happen. Switch to the BLX adjustable one, get a good mesh - should be good for a long time. Still have never killed a spur and have (2) 3s rigs and a 6s rig. Run them each about 3 times a week.
Perfect, that's the one I have, and I run about 4-5 times max a week. Tired of changing spur gears. lol

It was meant for my Senton since one of the bearing races got stuck in the mount. But since the motor is blown, I figured I'll just get a new one for the Senton whenever Horizon Hobby decides to contact me about the warranty on that motor.

I also put the paper tag from the Arrma spur gear package under the motor to fill in the gap and prevent the motor from shifting too much.

20210511_142903.jpg

20210511_144018.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back