Granite Mega -Upgrade Brushed or Go Brushless ???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ImpiousOne

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
My son has a Granite Mega stock with just 6cell batteries. He wants it to go faster but I have no interest in going LiPo right now. He's not responsible enough to handle them and I don't feel knowledgeable enough as I'm also an RC novice.

So is there a good brushed motor I can throw in the Granite with a 7 cell and maybe the 18 pinion spur gear to increase the speed a little, or is there an affordable brushless system that would run well on 7 cell batteries if we upgraded to the 7 cell as well?

Also not had much luck finding 7 cell batteries with the deans connector. Any suggestions there ?

Thanks for helping a n00b !!

Most brushless systems do fine (not epic just fine) on a 7 cell Nimh. There are better brushed motors but they can actually be expensive

What would be an affordable brushless upgrade that would plug n play with the Granite relatively pain free ?

My son has a Granite Mega stock with just 6cell batteries. He wants it to go faster but I have no interest in going LiPo right now. He's not responsible enough to handle them and I don't feel knowledgeable enough as I'm also an RC novice.

So is there a good brushed motor I can throw in the Granite with a 7 cell and maybe the 18 pinion spur gear to increase the speed a little, or is there an affordable brushless system that would run well on 7 cell batteries if we upgraded to the 7 cell as well?

Also not had much luck finding 7 cell batteries with the deans connector. Any suggestions there ?

Thanks for helping a n00b !!
My son has a mega I just put 2s lipo in it and it ran awesome put i think I fried something...... I'm gonna go up to the bls or blx motor and esc

I just installed a Castle brush less on my son's rig and it's running pretty fast with the nickel metal battery. At some point I will upgrade to Lipo but may need a wheelie bar as well. As far as installing it, it took me about 15 minutes pain free.

Last edited:
I just installed a Castle brush less on my son's rig and it's running pretty fast with the nickel metal battery. At some point I will upgrade to Lipo but may need a wheelie bar as well. As far as installing it, it took me about 15 minutes pain free.
Got a link? What battery you running?

Thanks.

Any reason you,went with Castle for brushless over the Arrma units in the literature ?

Also which ESC/motor did you go with? I called castle they suggested the SCT sidewinder w/ 3800Kv motor. Curious if that's what you went with
Well I have the blx and was looking for a little more speed so I am considering the castle creations

Decided to go with the Castle SCT ESC w/ 3800kv motor that Castle recommended. Grabbed a 7 cell battery to go with it. Can't wait for Xmas so we can get it in the truck and I, err I mean my son can play with it :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back