Granite mega upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flipp

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hey fellas,
I am new to this but was wondering if anyone could help me out with some info on a motor upgrade or what to do brcause i need more speed..
Thanks in advance

Nite trying to break the bank but just want to go faster..

Nite trying to break the bank but just want to go faster..
Faster as in top speed or faster as in want to get going faster? A gear change is cheap and will make a difference, just be aware that changing gearing is a torque (off the line acceleration) vs top speed compromise.

Go for lipo power + the Traxxas 12T brushed motor, since the Arrma 15T will not survive for long.

Since I guess you have a 2014 or later model, I would not recommend serious brushless power. There are no metal upgrade gears available, as a metal differential.
You could try a modest brushless set like a 2-pole 2700-3000kV 540 motor. That will be much faster than the stock motor, will give longer runtimes as a bonus and is not that harsh on your composite gear box and differential!

That said, the 2013 BLX Granite has been basher or the year. On 3600kV BLX power it was a high fun idiot power machine on 2S lipo, on 3S mind blowing!
Thanks to the metal gears it could handle the power with ease.

Faster as in top speed or faster as in want to get going faster? A gear change is cheap and will make a difference, just be aware that changing gearing is a torque (off the line acceleration) vs top speed compromise.
I'm racing short distance w/22T pinion stock spur.. what's a great gearing?

I'm racing short distance w/22T pinion stock spur.. what's a great gearing?
Well, the only possible answer is "it depends." First, a disclaimer, I am not an expert on gearing, and I joined this forum to try and find someone with more hands-on experience. That said, here's what I do know: Gears are the cheapest performance upgrade you can make to your Arrma vehicle, so it does not hurt to experiment. The ideal ratio will vary according to your driving style (are you a smooth, momentum driver or an edge of control slide-it-in-the-curves kind of driver?), track (are there long straights were you can take advantage of high top speed, or lots of curves where acceleration is king?), and racing style (i.e. what is the penalty for going off track). The best advice I can give you is talk to other racers and find out what ratios they run with a comparable setup; did they go up or down, and does their style align with yours? Arrma has a gearing chart in the manual, if you can't find yours you can download it from thier website, that can be a starting point, buy a gear and try it out! You will probably find that a different gear works best for one track, and another for a different track, so it doesn't hurt to have a few, just make sure they mate to your pinion gear(also in the Arrma chart). Let us know what you learned, maybe we can help fill in some blanks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back