Granite Granite Mega V3 with lights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ButchEastus

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
I wanted to add lights that made the the new V3 look cool. Me and the lady like to drive in low light sometimes so I always add lights when I can. So I removed the paint behind the red tail light sticker and made a light bar that reflects red light throughout with only 2 leds. I think it turned out good and runs off the extra channel on the receiver.

20200902_204711_HDR.jpg

20200902_204502_HDR.jpg

20200902_205257.jpg

20200902_204846_HDR.jpg

20200902_205230_HDR.jpg

15998820218657185652510083352047.jpg

20200902_134839_HDR.jpg

I wanted to add lights that made the the new V3 look cool. Me and the lady like to drive in low light sometimes so I always add lights when I can. So I removed the paint behind the red tail light sticker and made a light bar that reflects red light throughout with only 2 leds. I think it turned out good and runs off the extra channel on the receiver.

View attachment 99439

View attachment 99440

View attachment 99441

View attachment 99442

View attachment 99443

View attachment 99444

View attachment 99446
link to the parts please

link to the parts please
Well they are just a $3 light set from ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/372889692525
I made the rear reflective light bar from some clear plastic channel that i cut from a old sandwich container. I wrapped it in tin foil to reflect light. I used acetone to remove the paint behind the red tail light sticker. Make sure to use black duct tape to outline the light before removing paint. This will also prevent light bleed. Then i taped the channel i made over the light and inserted the led on the sides. Obviously a little harder than it sounds since it was made by hand. It would be easier for Arrma to make a light set and a nice molded reflective bar for the tail light but I just doubt there is enough interest. Im a sucker for little details like this. Not to mention I like having the lights for visual orientation and some night driving. I should have taken more pics during the process I just wasn't sure it would work.

I also purchased an inexpensive set of LEDs on Amazon and they were perfect for my Senton. I've looked at the systems that have a controller built in to activate brake lights and turn the lights on/off and different brightness levels. I'm also a stickler for details, it's my favorite part of the hobby.

I also purchased an inexpensive set of LEDs on Amazon and they were perfect for my Senton. I've looked at the systems that have a controller built in to activate brake lights and turn the lights on/off and different brightness levels. I'm also a stickler for details, it's my favorite part of the hobby.

Ive been planning to to do a Tamiya kit one day and do the whole light setup turn signals etc. Those kits seem better suited for that with light buckets and such. For these trucks its just fun to have some extra light so I tend to keep it more simple for the bashing. Im like you I like the small details in RC ?

Awesome Granite... where did you connect the lights? Did it use a dedicated (small) lipo?

That light bar on the back looks fantastic, nice job!

Do you have the lights just connected to the AUX port on the SLR300 receiver for power or are you running a battery back?

That looks awesome! I think you got the same LED's that I got. But yours looks way better mounted to the body
20211229_211518.jpg

Where did you connect the lights?
Unplugged the motor fan and used that plug. I don't figure to do anything hardcore enough to run up motor temps at night anyways. But they do sell Y plugs you could use go split it off

If you're asking where I mounted them. In the front there I used tinkercad, a free online tool you can build 3d models and designed a bracket and printed it. Seems to work good

20211229_211359.jpg

Looks great.

Where did you guys get the power from? The empty socket of the standard receiver?
Thanks!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back