Granite Granite Mega VS. BLX diff questions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggman100

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
  2. 4x4-Mega
Are the Granite Mega and 3S BLX diff's exactly the same? I was looking at possibly putting the 3S diff in my V1 Mega, and Arrma's site shows the same diff housing for either truck, so, what is the difference? Is it just the inputs that are different?

no. for one the inputs are not the same different teeth count.the v3 mega and v3 blx use same diff's i run a mega v1 too i used ar310872 diff case's 37t

Are the Granite Mega and 3S BLX diff's exactly the same? I was looking at possibly putting the 3S diff in my V1 Mega, and Arrma's site shows the same diff housing for either truck, so, what is the difference? Is it just the inputs that are different?
I'm doing same bro. You need the hot racing combo blx 4x4 arrma selection will fit. Just gotta buy the cv legs too or it will be shorter then the plastic p.o.s they give the mega. But you'll be pushing 6s no prob if you do the whole build. YouTube 4x4 arrma blx diffs. Some fella tells you exactly what parts to go all metal. Its 300 for two sets tho. So make sure its worth the upgrade
Theyre different by 13t plastic for the typhon mega,, and 17t plastic with blx 4x4. I'm doing same bro. You need the hot racing combo blx 4x4 arrma selection will fit. Just gotta buy the cv legs too or it will be shorter then the plastic p.o.s they give the mega. But you'll be pushing 6s no prob if you do the whole build. YouTube 4x4 arrma blx diffs. Some fella tells you exactly what parts to go all metal. Its 300 for two sets tho. So make sure its worth the upgrade

no. for one the inputs are not the same different teeth count.the v3 mega and v3 blx use same diff's i run a mega v1 too i used ar310872 diff case's 37t
I know the inputs are different, since the Mega uses a 17T, and the BLX uses a 13T, but, when i looked up the diff case for both trucks yesterday, it shows both trucks using the same 37T diff case, and, i thought when i looked them up about 6 months after they came out, the Mega and BLX V1 used different diff cases.
I'm doing same bro. You need the hot racing combo blx 4x4 arrma selection will fit. Just gotta buy the cv legs too or it will be shorter then the plastic p.o.s they give the mega. But you'll be pushing 6s no prob if you do the whole build. YouTube 4x4 arrma blx diffs. Some fella tells you exactly what parts to go all metal. Its 300 for two sets tho. So make sure its worth the upgrade
Im not looking for an all metal setup, or even 4S or 6S power. I am strictly looking into this because i have a Mega that i did some upgrades on to run 3S, and then had an issue with a rear diff and output locking together, so i don't want to just replace it with stock Mega parts only to have it do it again, and $300 is way more than i am willing to put into any vehicles i currently own. If i was gonna spend that much, i would just buy a new 3S BLX truck.

I know the inputs are different, since the Mega uses a 17T, and the BLX uses a 13T, but, when i looked up the diff case for both trucks yesterday, it shows both trucks using the same 37T diff case, and, i thought when i looked them up about 6 months after they came out, the Mega and BLX V1 used different diff cases.

Im not looking for an all metal setup, or even 4S or 6S power. I am strictly looking into this because i have a Mega that i did some upgrades on to run 3S, and then had an issue with a rear diff and output locking together, so i don't want to just replace it with stock Mega parts only to have it do it again, and $300 is way more than i am willing to put into any vehicles i currently own. If i was gonna spend that much, i would just buy a new 3S BLX truck.
Did you ever figure this out? I am in the exact same situation today where I had a Mega and upgraded to a brushless motor and wanted to get the BLX differentials... but from a parts number perspective it looks like the Mega and the BLX are using the same differential assembly. I'm curious what I should do... if anything.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back