Granite Mega w/ Castle 4600kv motor on 3s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davetron22

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Any recommendations on precautions, or must have upgrades, for my truck to handle the Venom 30c 7000mah 3s battery I just purchased? I have a 5kg servo, castle motor fan, upgraded aluminum shocks and am running a 17t pinion. Wondering about speed bearing for drive shaft and are there other slipper pads other than the stock composite and if so is it necessary? Thanks in advance

That motor kv and pinion are too much for running 3s on a 1/10 4wd Mt and you will have nothing but heat issues. Those motors are designed for 1/10 buggies and 2wd vehicles and are far too small in physical size for a 1/10 4wd Mt. For 3s you want a 3660 sized can with 3200kv or lower. You also will need a few other odds and ends to survive 3s like the diff output shaft, 3s or 4s slipper, maybe even the diff gears themselves.

That's exactly what I was afraid to hear. My local hs guy said it would be fine to run 3s when I bought the set up from his recommendation, I had my doubts. Should have went with my gut and ordered the 1410 3800kv castle like I intended. Noob mistake I guess, an expensive one though albeit.
What's a safe max operating temp?
That's exactly what I was afraid to hear. My local hs guy said it would be fine to run 3s when I bought the set up from his recommendation, I had my doubts. Should have went with my gut and ordered the 1410 3800kv castle like I intended. Noob mistake I guess, an expensive one though albeit.
What's a safe max operating temp?
Also have had it on 2s for a couple months
That motor kv and pinion are too much for running 3s on a 1/10 4wd Mt and you will have nothing but heat issues. Those motors are designed for 1/10 buggies and 2wd vehicles and are far too small in physical size for a 1/10 4wd Mt. For 3s you want a 3660 sized can with 3200kv or lower. You also will need a few other odds and ends to survive 3s like the diff output shaft, 3s or 4s slipper, maybe even the diff gears themselves.
Do you think going back to a 14t pinion would be of any benefit?

There is a long list of upgrades you will need. Pinion, spur, slipper assembly, HD diff input gears, diff cases, better servo, and the list goes on. Basically it is easier and almost cheaper to buy the Granite 3S instead of upgrading the Mega.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back