Granite Granite metal spur gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCFCLen

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Just a quick question here

I was flirting with the idea of possibly upgrading to a steel spur gear for my Granite BLX,hows the verdict with this upgrade? worth it? or just keep a spare plastic one around?

Last edited:
Plastic holds up if everything is in good shape. Often times they get chewed up is when you got bad mesh with adjustable mount, seized bearings, or when you throw bigger power in it, etc. Wait til it explodes and upgrade after if you feel it's worth it, just my thoughts.

Plastic holds up if everything is in good shape. Often times they get chewed up is when you got bad mesh with adjustable mount, seized bearings, or when you throw bigger power in it, etc. Wait til it explodes and upgrade after if you feel it's worth it, just my thoughts.

This. Spur gears are designed to be the first thing to go in the powertrain. If they don't strip/break.... something else will further down the powertrain line.

The problems I’ve had with plastic spurs was when sand or dirt got inside the power module. If you use the @Camaroboy383 method of sealing the bottom of the power module, don’t add more than the stock power, and the mesh is set well, the plastic will probably be fine and save other down line parts like u-joints. Don’t land under throttle, don’t do donuts on full throttle, and keep the bearings fresh and it should hold for a while.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back