Granite needs to HTFU

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peelz75

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
If you know that lingo... :)

Having an absolute BLAST With cars we bought for the kids... Ive found them to be pretty good so far.... but looking for a little advice on how to toughen up the Granite... no speed needed. And Id like to spend zero dollars lol

As I expected, it is just fast enough that my 9 year old can really smash it. And, with the big tires, its REALLY susceptible to "snaps"

1. right rear upper control arm pivot joint, not sure the exact term. but the little screwed in bastard has wiggled loose, and can back out. and if he lands off, the right dogbone goes clanking down the street lol i see the 2nd (outer) hole on the top of the hub... is that useable? Or, is there a LONGER threaded joint you can buy? I actually have tape around it, so it doesn't fly out. lol any advice here would be swell.

2: also the front body mount. snaps WAY too easy at the bottom. I have it zip tied on. but it looks like crap, body is off center.. lol. anyone fashion their own? like out of a softer plastic that flexes?

thinking out loud here

thanks!

note: the Fury I bought for my older son has been flawless. It is a bit tougher like i thought.

Hi

Here is the link to how I fixed the first problem, although it may be slightly different for you depending on what version of the Granite you have. As for the second problem this may or may not work , try boiling the plastic parts, this is what some of the Traxxas owners like to do to make the parts less brittle and more flexible. Do a search on google for "boiling traxxas parts" and you will get a better under standing of what I mean.

https://arrmaforum.com/threads/rear-camber-link-mod.321/

Last edited:
well. that pretty much covers exactly what I was looking for.

thank you!

How is your front mount adjusted? I have mine all the way down and it has been holding up great. And like you said, broken ones can be zip tied back on and then subsequent breaks only require new zip ties. There are four zip ties used here if you look close:

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:
HA!

mine is just about the same concept. I had JUST put on new mount for him when it snapped again. not doing that any more.

There are 3 in this photo from a few weeks ago, but just last night i added a 4th pulling the top back and down because it was pulling back too hard on top, and falling off making the body off center.

thanks for making feel not so bad about it.
image-jpeg.786

does this zip tie work for the fury? the body is much larger than the granite

is the fourth one connected to the shock tower brace?

Yep, lower cross member reward to shock tower brace. That one is the least needed of the four and, in fact, I ran it for a while with just the two side ones. It would flop around without the body on but once on and pinned it was pretty sturdy.

Looking at those pictures, I sort of remember when my RCs were that clean.
That was before their first run and never again... :D Bwahaha!

well. the fury had the same control arm pop out. waiting for the ball studs and nuts to get here. :/ I had 4 of each in my "cart" online. just was waiting to find something else worthwhile to buy to with it. :)

@justatree ill try and get a better pic for you. its really really not too complicated. under shock tower brace, in front of and behind, then above the body mount bracing., so it pulls evenly. it does pop off to the side sometimes, and the body is slightly crooked...but really, if its there, protecting the electronics, i'm good. lol

well. the fury had the same control arm pop out. waiting for the ball studs and nuts to get here. :/ I had 4 of each in my "cart" online. just was waiting to find something else worthwhile to buy to with it. :)

@justatree ill try and get a better pic for you. its really really not too complicated. under shock tower brace, in front of and behind, then above the body mount bracing., so it pulls evenly. it does pop off to the side sometimes, and the body is slightly crooked..
.but really, if its there, protecting the electronics, i'm good. lol

Thumb's up!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back