Granite pre-mounted tires misshapen.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dulb_D

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Hey guys,

Not a huge deal but the granite tires I purchased have seem to become misshapen and now wobble a little. I think what has happened is the foam in the tire is not sitting flat or it's out of position causing the sidewall to be bulged out in one or more areas on the tires. I think only one or two of my tires have this problem and I'm wondering if there's a technique to resolving this without taking the tires off the wheels, straightening out or replacing the foam and then glueing the tires back on? I tried rubbing and (massaging?:oops:) the tire to see if I could get it to go away but whatever it is seems like it's pretty stuck.

Any pointers?

Bake them and dismount them. Check the foams out. If bad replace them. When you mount them back up, make sure to vent them to prevent this from happening again.

Hey guys,

Not a huge deal but the granite tires I purchased have seem to become misshapen and now wobble a little. I think what has happened is the foam in the tire is not sitting flat or it's out of position causing the sidewall to be bulged out in one or more areas on the tires. I think only one or two of my tires have this problem and I'm wondering if there's a technique to resolving this without taking the tires off the wheels, straightening out or replacing the foam and then glueing the tires back on? I tried rubbing and (massaging?:oops:) the tire to see if I could get it to go away but whatever it is seems like it's pretty stuck.

Any pointers?
Call horizon.. they remplaced them for me had a wobbly tire out of the box
Bake them and dismount them. Check the foams out. If bad replace them. When you mount them back up, make sure to vent them to prevent this from happening again.
Heh i don't think its a good idea now it makes plastic more brittle i think

Call horizon.. they remplaced them for me had a wobbly tire out of the box

Heh i don't think its a good idea now it makes plastic more brittle i think
Just curious cause my tires are worn enough where I would be shocked if they'd replace them outright, how do you remove a tire without heating the glue to loosen it?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back