Granite question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hmann68

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
IMG_0207.JPG
IMG_0206.JPG
Hi! New to the site and aarma. Picked up this granite for 75 bucks still in the box. The hobby shop had taken the radio out to use as a warranty replacement. It then sat in the back for a few years. I put in my flysky and have run a few packs thru it and its a blast. They say it's a 2012 model and a good year for these with metal gears. Is this true and would a mild brushless work better in it than the newer models? Thanks!!

Tower hobbies has part listings by generation and you could look up that info there. The new ones, even the blx granites, have plastic gears and it is s big issue. Either way that was a good deal.

Ok thanks. I've had no issues so far and it handles better than my stampede did. A bit more power would be fun! I think I will try it

There was no 2012 model!
It all started with the 2011 introduction models, which were followed up by a 2013 model.
This is a 2011 truck, with indeed full metal gears and differential.
You can see it by the black Esc. In 2013 this became "Arrma red".

A good deal?
Absolutely ;)

Why?
  • The 2011 radio system was a cool innovation, but was not nice to use. You do not have it
  • This was before Arrma changed production facility: the plastic parts are of good quality stock!
  • The 2011 models had huge issues with the diff gears. They all eventually broke, especially with an upgraded brushless system. Luckily you can install the "differential maintenance kit" for $15,- or what, which makes it suitable for serious 3S brushless power!

There was no 2012 model!
It all started with the 2011 introduction models, which were followed up by a 2013 model.
This is a 2011 truck, with indeed full metal gears and differential.
You can see it by the black Esc. In 2013 this became "Arrma red".

A good deal?
Absolutely ;)

Why?
  • The 2011 radio system was a cool innovation, but was not nice to use. You do not have it
  • This was before Arrma changed production facility: the plastic parts are of good quality stock!
  • The 2011 models had huge issues with the diff gears. They all eventually broke, especially with an upgraded brushless system. Luckily you can install the "differential maintenance kit" for $15,- or what, which makes it suitable for serious 3S brushless power!
Much thanks for the info! What parts are upgraded or different in the diff maintenance kit? No problems yet running stock motor and 2c lips and a 15 tooth pinion. Thanks!

This is the kit: http://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR310378

Basically the only upgrade are the rings under the large gears attached to the outdrives.

They are much larger and support the gear much better.
Thanks! No issues yet but I'm sure I'll need it sometime lol. Replaced servo with a hitec and what a difference in steering. Thanks for the info

Thanks again for the info guys. Ran 3 packs thru it Sunday and still all is well, but I did swap the dog bones to the hpi ones. Used to have a blitz and still had new ones in parts box

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back