Granite quit running

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tcorbitt20

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
My son just got a Granite and managed to make it stop running on day two. I’ve managed to remove the driveshaft to get ready to remove the bracket holding the transmission and the motor, but I can’t get the red plastic piece in front of the transmission out. What am I missing? I removed the screw from the bottom, but I can’t get it to budge for the life of me. The silver plate that was on the top of the motor has come off. I’m guessing that’s the problem, right? Thanks for the help. I know nothing about these things.

Post a picture of what you are talking about just so I'm not getting it confused and I'll help you out. And congrats on the new rc!!

D9EAA4E9-FE9C-4763-B648-959172783DB5_zpstpcn3blx.jpg

First things first you should never put your rc away this dirty. Use compressed air or something cause that mud is going to kill everything when it dries.
And the motor comes out by the other side that broke. As in the mounting screws for the motor are on the opposite side of the side you broke. Take them out and the motor will come out.

I’ve got a 10 year old that doesn’t listen. It’s gonna be muddy...

So how do I remove that red piece at the bottom? I can’t get to the mounting screws for the motor if I can’t that thing out of the way.

Last edited:
While I appreciate the help, that manual is for a different car.

There is a picture above with an arrow pointing to a red piece that I can’t figure out how to remove.

Last edited:
Dirt & mud is probably gunked up on the sides of the red piece. You need to wedge it out. Stick a flathead screwdriver in the gap between it & the motor to pry it so it can slide out.

Ive been prying and pulling on the strap that runs through it. I’m scared I’m going to break the whole thing.

Tried the screwdriver until the whole chassis bends. Tried hammering on it from the bottom. I’m just about ready to run over it with a full size GMC.

The piece SLIDES out along the chassis, not up. Watch the "how-to" videos:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back