Granite rear shock tower cover

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cazanova

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Typhon 3s
When I got my printer last month and some TPU, I immediately printed a cover for the rear shock tower for my Granite from a design off Thingiverse. The cover fit perfectly, so I thought that I was good. Come to find out that it is not the shock tower itself that is my biggest problem, but instead it is the distance between the shock tower and the body that is causing a lot of my body damage. So I decided to remix that existing design to come up with this. It raises the top of the cover to almost body mount height so that when I land on the tailgate the body doesn’t have to flex as far to hit something solid.

Any comments as to how well this might work?

B1E582A2-C4C8-4640-9747-3C034FEDC003.jpeg

I like it... curious to hear how it works! I shoe goo'd the crap out of the rear end... hoping that helps
I tried the same thing and I was still getting damage, so I hope this helps.
Looks great, I would probably glue a layer or two of craft foam to the top so it gives a bit of cushion and softens the edges.

CRAFT FOAM <<< click here to see what I mean
I’ll try this too....thanks

My final modification to this is a strip of velcro (the loop side not the hooks) on top to add a little cushion.

just installed octoprint on my 3d printer, still waiting for one piece that gets delivered tomorrow and this will be my test subject... nice ,small and quick to print...

just installed octoprint on my 3d printer, still waiting for one piece that gets delivered tomorrow and this will be my test subject... nice ,small and quick to print...
We have octoprint too. Very nice and helpful. Siting in the easy chair, whip out the cell phone, see how the print is doing. :ROFLMAO: Maybe you need the raspberry pi too, idk.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back