Granite Granite Rebuild Recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigKid

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
What's up everyone!! My kids buddy was using his car and ran it straight into a tree. Booooooooom!!

It snapped the chassis, front suspension arms, shocks, drive shaft. Anything up front is toast.

Before I go and buy a bunch of stock parts give me some of your recommendations for after market upgrades if there are any.

If I can post some pics for your enjoyment I will later.

Thanks guys!

Straight into a tree above a certain speed and no car will survive without damage haha. Sorry man.

RPM arms are the one of the most common recommended upgrades. They would have probably broken too but day to day I find them much more durable and tolerant to bashing than stock.

Check your motor mount because it’s probably bent. You can hammer it back flat or upgrade it an Arrma or Hot Racing adjustable mount so you can set your own mesh and have tons more pinion options.

Some will recommend the T-Bone bumper, but I’m a bit on the fence about them. When I’ve had major crashes they seem to do more damage than without. They do protect your shocks and front end a bit but they will obliterate your diff cover/shock tower and chassis kick up if you get in a head on collision.

You’re already going to have to strip it down so if you haven’t upgraded to sealed bearings yet, it’s a great time to. $25 DS3218 servo and new Rx/Tx if you haven’t already are also nice upgrades you can do doing the rebuild.

Sorry for the crash dude. It will be fun rebuilding it though. ??

I just took a look. Those are some crazy good prices. But most parts are sold out. Is the quality good? I would rather upgrade then stay the same or downgrade.

Hopefully I am posting the pics correctly.
Thank you. I will start looking into some of these. We are in full blown si season so the rebuild will probably have to wait a bit.

I already have a Kraton so I might just get a Talon for now so we start a collection ?

Attachments

• IMG_7409.JPG
    IMG_7409.JPG
    386.8 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_7410.JPG
    IMG_7410.JPG
    334.4 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_7411.JPG
    IMG_7411.JPG
    297.1 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_7412.JPG
    IMG_7412.JPG
    315.4 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_7413.JPG
    IMG_7413.JPG
    346 KB · Views: 55
I've just bought some bits off jennysrc any idea why they are cheaper than the recommended retail price??
Jennys is a “kit breaker”, aka an RC chop shop. They buy complete cars and then part them out, which saves us money so we can get more of that sweet sweet bashing we all love without breaking the bank.

Jennys is a “kit breaker”, aka an RC chop shop. They buy complete cars and then part them out, which saves us money so we can get more of that sweet sweet bashing we all love without breaking the bank.
so do they buy second hand cars or they are new?

so do they buy second hand cars or they are new?
They are brand new parts taken out from a brand new vehicule
I just took a look. Those are some crazy good prices. But most parts are sold out. Is the quality good? I would rather upgrade then stay the same or downgrade.
They restock every friday but stock gets sold out fast

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back