Granite Granite running good, need opinion on gearing.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sldnx01

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
My car is running great. I have a castle sidewinder 3 esc and a brushless 4600kv motor. Granite has stock gearing with 15t pinion and the 87t spur. I use a 2s lipo. I taped my phone to it with a free gps app and it only read 44kmh. It has to be faster than that. This 2s lipo will last ne an hour. Dead serious. It has tons of torque. 50% punch control is on and it is still a wheelie monster and does backflips. What can I adjust the gearing to? If it is actually 44 Khmer, I need more speed and less backflips lol opinions please

A sidewinder 3 was never a great esc for a 1:10 truck, but if you find that it’s not getting hot, go ahead and throw in a smaller spur (transmission plastic gear) if it’s available, if not buy a larger pinion (metal motor gear)

Speed runs today and 40 mins of bashing it was luke warm to the touch. I have been using this setup for 2 years no problems but I want more speed. I just wonder how much bigger pinion and how much smaller spur I can safely go

To be honest I don’t know what is out there. If there’s something around 75t spur that’s a good start.

My car is running great. I have a castle sidewinder 3 esc and a brushless 4600kv motor. Granite has stock gearing with 15t pinion and the 87t spur. I use a 2s lipo. I taped my phone to it with a free gps app and it only read 44kmh. It has to be faster than that. This 2s lipo will last ne an hour. Dead serious. It has tons of torque. 50% punch control is on and it is still a wheelie monster and does backflips. What can I adjust the gearing to? If it is actually 44 Khmer, I need more speed and less backflips lol opinions please

I would try a 18 tooth pinion, and if it's still not getting hot go to a 20 tooth.. but I feel 18 tooth is where you will end up with good temps...

Yes.. they came with a 91 tooth so I'm not sure how much smaller you can get than the 87 you have now..I'm not to familiar with the mega platforms, but who knows maybe you can.... either way is fine as long as you have the adjustability in the motor mount..

smaller spur = more speed less torque
Larger pinion = more speed less torque
And vise versa
Either way your getting it done...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back