Granite Granite / Senton with 40mm motor?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scopique

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Senton 6s
Hi guys,

one of the stock bearings of my v1 Granite 3S BLX motor broke the other day, and since I always wanted to go sensored anyway I thought it might be a good opportunity now. According to the instructions the motor mount supports 36mm sized motors. I am thinking about the castle 2650kV, but that’s 40mm in diameter. Does anyone know if it fits (or can be squeezed in by modifying the chassis plate a bit)? I think I saw people using it on YouTube, but am not sure because of what’s in the manual. The length isn’t an issue, I am using the longer Senton chassis.
Thanks a lot!

Don't think that motor would fit...besides, I'd think you'd have to change the whole drive train or it could self destruct from the power of such a large motor...

The blx 4074 motor fits on the granite adjustable motor mount. I used a hobbystar 4268 2150kv motor on the granite with no issues.

The blx 4074 motor fits on the granite adjustable motor mount. I used a hobbystar 4268 2150kv motor on the granite with no issues.
Truly? I'm surprised considering how often people talk about the gearing and matching stuff... that said, holy jeebus! That motor is almost as big as the car and you did it anyhow...pressing F ;)

For me I quickly found that the 36xx motor wasn't up to the task I was putting the granite to. The stock 3s driveline can handle 4s fine provided you have the slipper adjusted properly. I would still recommend at least upgrading the spur to the 4s spur and adjusting the slipper properly. The 4268 fit better with extra space behind the motor compared to the 4074. Technically the hobbystar 4268 is still a 40mm motor the fins just add the extra 2mm but it needed nothing extra to fit. Even had space for the yeah racing heatsink and fan set on it. 2150kv on 4s with a 15t pinion on the 57t spur and 3.8 badlands was so much fun :)

Run 4 and 6s on my big rock and senton long as you keep smaller tires that spin the drivetrain can handle it.bigger tire will blow diffs.

20200716_202554.jpg

Run 4076& 4074.love 40mm motors with 26t

For me I quickly found that the 36xx motor wasn't up to the task I was putting the granite to. The stock 3s driveline can handle 4s fine provided you have the slipper adjusted properly. I would still recommend at least upgrading the spur to the 4s spur and adjusting the slipper properly. The 4268 fit better with extra space behind the motor compared to the 4074. Technically the hobbystar 4268 is still a 40mm motor the fins just add the extra 2mm but it needed nothing extra to fit. Even had space for the yeah racing heatsink and fan set on it. 2150kv on 4s with a 15t pinion on the 57t spur and 3.8 badlands was so much fun :)

That 4268 shows as sensored...that's a helluva price for a sensored motor...I see the 2150kv is maxed at 21v, safe to assume it's not safe to run 6s but 5s would be ok?

That 4268 shows as sensored...that's a helluva price for a sensored motor...I see the 2150kv is maxed at 21v, safe to assume it's not safe to run 6s but 5s would be ok?

It's a sensored motor but can still be run sensorless. I only ever ran it on 4s because of the max voltage. I can't say about 5s. If you drop to the 1700kv motor then it can handle 6s but at that point I just got the hobbystar 4274 1700kv sensored and happy with it on 6s.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back