Granite Servo Saver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GraniteGuy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
So my granite's servo saver came apart, I have bad landings hahaha, so I made this solid one in Tinkercad to use while parts get here. I have a good servo so I'm not worried about it stripping gears. The design is pretty rough, but it works well. I thought people might like the STL. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4797377

Depending how much torque your servo has, you might get away with it. (using a plain horn) It's Not just steel gears of the servo saving it, making it strong. My Crawlers don't have any servo saver. And Weak servos even with Steel gears don.t always save them.
Great idea to print an arm in a pinch. You have the resources for that.
I would buy a Kimbrough HD servo saver ultimately.
I know the stock Arrma 25 spline SS are always on B/O. 🤷‍♂️

I have had SS springs snap or get weak. But depending how the Stock SS breaks, I sometimes drill a hole through it and pin it/screw through it and make the SS locked, till I get a new one. Same concept. :cool:

Some guys with super strong Servos, just use a servo arm and call it a day. But that can also break or snap the bell crank and rod ends elsewhere in the steering linkage Even snap the plastic St knuckles. Trade offs for sure. If you have Alloy upgrades throughout your steering setup then it can work.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back