Granite shock upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velodromed

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton 4s
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 4s
  7. Vorteks
  8. Voltage
  9. Infraction 4x4
Just got a shipment in from jennys. Kraton 6S front shocks. Good grief these things are huge…kinda stunned they are actually going to fit on my granite?

I got these shocks as an alternative to the expensive typhoon shocks. I’m waiting for the Mojave 6s front shocks to come in at jennys and the set will be complete. I forget which shocks go on the front or the back but I’m sure I have it written down somewhere.

Man! This springs seem way stiff But what do I know 😂 I am on new, unfamiliar ground here.

Last edited:
You'll like them they do so much better IMO. Which ever set is shorter obviously will go front and longer in rear. I'm not positive but I'd guess the Mojave shocks are shorter so those would go to the front👍

You'll like them they do so much better IMO. Which ever set is shorter obviously will go front and longer in rear. I'm not positive but I'd guess the Mojave shocks are shorter so those would go to the front👍
Yup I’m excited. I just need the Mojave shocks to come in. I’m going to tear down blueberry Granite (we name cars… I know 🙄) in a couple weeks. We’re headed to Washington next week for a while to see my wife’s daughter. That’ll be our last trip for eight or nine months so we’re gonna have fun on the Fallon(?) islands etc. Once back I am going to start the brushless conversion.

I’m gonna test that tinker toy voltage today that I converted. Got a feeling it’ll be a gear muncher. 3650/3100kv and I could not get the pre-drilled holes (plastic motor mount is integrated into the plastic chassis) to line up mesh wise and, after trying every pinion I had, ended up with a 15t in the 16t hole. It weighs 5.5lbs including a 2s 6200 50c battery. I have no clue what’s going to happen when I hit the throttle. Well…It’s still pigeon toed until the Traxxas links come in so I know it'll flip every time I turn it.
Rubber-side up ⬆️

Yes, as Edough said the Mojave shocks go on the front and Kraton 6s shocks on the rear. You will need the Axial 7.5mmx8mm shock bushings for the upper shock mount, or naked your own bushings out of a piece of fuel tubing or something. You will find that the springs are very stiff. Will be good for jumping but will be a rough ride at high speeds. I got the Team Associated RC8B3 yellow springs. They are kinda in the middle of the springs you will have and the Typhon 6S springs as far as stiffness goes. Good for jumping and still ride nice at high speeds. Sort of the best of both worlds.

Screenshot_20210512-054016_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210512-054016_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210405-100640_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Yup I’m excited. I just need the Mojave shocks to come in. I’m going to tear down blueberry Granite (we name cars… I know 🙄) in a couple weeks. We’re headed to Washington next week for a while to see my wife’s daughter. That’ll be our last trip for eight or nine months so we’re gonna have fun on the Fallon(?) islands etc. Once back I am going to start the brushless conversion.

I’m gonna test that tinker toy voltage today that I converted. Got a feeling it’ll be a gear muncher. 3650/3100kv and I could not get the pre-drilled holes (plastic motor mount is integrated into the plastic chassis) to line up mesh wise and, after trying every pinion I had, ended up with a 15t in the 16t hole. It weighs 5.5lbs including a 2s 6200 50c battery. I have no clue what’s going to happen when I hit the throttle. Well…It’s still pigeon toed until the Traxxas links come in so I know it'll flip every time I turn it.
Rubber-side up ⬆️
Awesome well enjoy yourselves on the trip! Let us know how the test drive goes with the Voltage as well👍

Awesome well enjoy yourselves on the trip! Let us know how the test drive goes with the Voltage as well👍
It’s slowish lol. It is aster then stock and handles way better. It’s interesting, has great torque and just seems to flow. And it’s so quiet compared to the Voltage I put an Injora 550 motor in.
I know I can put a bigger pinion in but it’s kinda perfect for my wife or her daughter as it sits…and I love the torque!

It’s slowish lol. It is aster then stock and handles way better. It’s interesting, has great torque and just seems to flow. And it’s so quiet compared to the Voltage I put an Injora 550 motor in.
I know I can put a bigger pinion in but it’s kinda perfect for my wife or her daughter as it sits…and I love the torque!
That's awesome! Well sounds like it turned out just right for the wife and daughter great job👍

That's awesome! Well sounds like it turned out just right for the wife and daughter great job👍
I learned so much…just enough to be dangerous 😃

I learned so much…just enough to be dangerous 😃
Man… I look at the parts I’ve amassed to build the granite and it’s like I’m building 2 granites.
Many parts between a granite and big rock are interchangeable yes? Looks like, cept arms, shocks?…🤔

Yeah, 75%of the parts are interchangeable between the whole 3s BLX line.
Ok cool. I’m good then.
Hey…do I need to update the input gears on my granite 4x4 (v3) when going brushless? Or does the v3 version already have blx inputs gears?
Thanks!

I'm pretty sure the V3 mega already has the HD input gears. Not the metal input gears but the HD. Same that come stock in the BLX models.
Ok got it. HD different from metal. What’s HD stand for? (High density lol?)
Sweet and many thanks (as always!)

Hey man, are these the bushings I need for the top shock mount? Both front and back yes? Thanks!!

EF62A53B-909E-4BB6-8AF7-464E25D4345F.png

Yes, as Edough said the Mojave shocks go on the front and Kraton 6s shocks on the rear. You will need the Axial 7.5mmx8mm shock bushings for the upper shock mount, or naked your own bushings out of a piece of fuel tubing or something. You will find that the springs are very stiff. Will be good for jumping but will be a rough ride at high speeds. I got the Team Associated RC8B3 yellow springs. They are kinda in the middle of the springs you will have and the Typhon 6S springs as far as stiffness goes. Good for jumping and still ride nice at high speeds. Sort of the best of both worlds.

View attachment 148865View attachment 148865View attachment 148866
I ordered the axial bushings today. What you said about the springs I noticed, they are incredibly stuff. I will order those TAs you recommended. Which of the springs you posted are for the Kraton and with which are for the Mojave please?

Is there an alternative to the Mojave shocks? I am patiently waiting for them to come in at jennys, But in case they don’t is my only other alternative Typhoon shocks?

Many thanks as always!!

The Kraton 6s front shocks go on the back and the Mojave 6s front shocks go on the front. The Associated springs are a front set and rear set.

The Outcast 6s front shocks should work on the front if the Granite if you can't get the Mojave 6s front shocks. Outcast shocks might be a little bit long but should be pretty close.

Here is a set of Mojave 6s front shocks available on eBay right now for $29

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ARRMA-MOJA...-/174720028521?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back