Granite Granite speed run with the new 1/8 buggy wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edough13

Bashing, Speed running and family!!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Mojave
  6. Notorious
  7. Typhon 6s
  8. Vorteks
Running all stock except TRB bearings, Hot Racing big bore shocks and have the smaller 13t pinion. Just wanted to see how these tires hold up, handle and run at speed. Definitely happy all around, only lost at most 5mph over stock tires but my motor stayed way cooler and the truck didn't want to float around from ballooned tires either. Not to shabby little over 41mph on 13t pinion 110mm tires over 46mph on stock tires 125mm.

Buggy/truggy track wheels/tires hold their shape much better. Mostly due to the lower profile. I run 1/8 Truggie wheels (Duratrak X-Cons) on my 6S Noto and Kraton. Works for me. Just don't run them on pavement. They become useless on dirt and grass, pins wear out fast on pavement.:cool:

Running all stock except TRB bearings, Hot Racing big bore shocks and have the smaller 13t pinion. Just wanted to see how these tires hold up, handle and run at speed. Definitely happy all around, only lost at most 5mph over stock tires but my motor stayed way cooler and the truck didn't want to float around from ballooned tires either. Not to shabby little over 41mph on 13t pinion 110mm tires over 46mph on stock tires 125mm.

I have a Granite, the tires don't balloon when they're on the ground. Is ballooning a problem in the 3s line? I've never thought so. They will balloon under throttle in the air, but that's a good thing. A motor fan is an immediate fix for keeping the motor cool without any loss of speed. I think you're sacrificing speed without any real gain.

Hmm, ya tires balloon bad on my granite pretty sure others as well, you run yours on 2s? Is it the mega brushed version? Haven't gotten a good speed run to see if I've actually lost any speed, and gain is torque and cooler temp so don't think I'm sacrificing anything to be honest. Ya motor fan definitely helps with temps but if motor runs cooler than stock will be even better with a fan.

I'm running a 4x4 blx on 3s. I guess I tend to run on firmer/flatter surfaces. When running on looser terrain, the wheels can spin and balloon.

Last edited:
Depends how your slipper is set up.
Any tire will balloon at that certain speed.
I never feel ballooning is a good thing. But its here to stay with most tires. Work with it. or get Belted.
:cool:

Definitely going to belted soon, slipper is set to factory suggested 1 1/2 turns from tight. Sure heat doesn't help with ballooning also as it has been mid 90s lately.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back