Granite Granite steering issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaymondG2

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Mojave
  6. Nero
  7. Notorious
  8. Vorteks
Steering issues right out of the box steering trim super sensitive in either direction once you get it set and hit different terrain it losses steering . Anyone else have this problem ? What should I look for before tearing it down? Thanks in Advance for any suggestions!

First thing is check and correct the toe... from the factory they have a mass amount of toe out... this could be your issue.. I'm one of those guys that like to set up my toe straight on.. I would start there and see if it cures your issue

Do you have the STX2 radio?
I know you guys all hate the stx2, I do myself just because of how cheap it feels, but I've run one in my typhon since I got it and havnt had one issue with it... yep, there is a slight delay, but I have zero issues with it, back flips, front flips, big air jumps, no issues when you get used to it...

I wouldnt be so quick to blame the radio if it functions.. I would start with toe adjustments

I know you guys all hate the stx2, I do myself just because of how cheap it feels, but I've run one in my typhon since I got it and havnt had one issue with it... yep, there is a slight delay, but I have zero issues with it, back flips, front flips, big air jumps, no issues when you get used to it...

I wouldnt be so quick to blame the radio if it functions.. I would start with toe adjustments
I was asking due to the fact it doesn’t have epa adjustments and I was going to recommend doing so if he has a tactic. ??‍♂️

I was asking due to the fact it doesn’t have epa adjustments and I was going to recommend doing so if he has a tactic. ??‍♂️
Roger buddy, makes plenty of sense.. hopefully he does have the tactic, it is the better remote no doubt..

Steering issues right out of the box steering trim super sensitive in either direction once you get it set and hit different terrain it losses steering . Anyone else have this problem ? What should I look for before tearing it down? Thanks in Advance for any suggestions!

Trim is super sensitive, that's normal on the STX2.

When you say it loses steering, you mean you turn the steering wheel and nothing happens? But throttle still works?

If that's the case, I would check the servo wire and make sure it's plugged into the receiver box and it's not damaged all the way to the servo.

I could be wrong but I took it as when he hit rough terrain it wandered... now I'm wondering about wandering lol

Yeah if I get it straight on pavement and hit grass it knocks it out again . I’m a newbie so I’m gonna ask the question on how to adjust toe, I bought this to bash while the notorious gets a rebuild . Thanks guys for the responses !!

Yeah if I get it straight on pavement and hit grass it knocks it out again . I’m a newbie so I’m gonna ask the question on how to adjust toe, I bought this to bash while the notorious gets a rebuild . Thanks guys for the responses !!
These are steering turnbuckles (generic). Adjust one way to move toe in and the other to move toe out. The place to wrench is right in the center on an Arrma turnbuckle. Make sure your steering is centered before you start. When looking at the top of the truck from the back, you want the tires to be parallel and pointing outwards at the front, just a hair.

Attachments

• 20191008_201602.jpg
    20191008_201602.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 40

You didn't answer my question.

What does "knock it out again" mean? It stops working completely or it points a different direction and no longer drives straight? Which is it? If you want help, the least you could do is be clear on what is wrong.

When i get it straight it stay straight until I turn or hit different terrain and steering goes out of adjustment still works just automatically goes to the right , sorry I wasn’t more clear !

It look like the servo is bad. Remove the servo assembly. Try to turn the wheel with the transmitter. If you see the same problem change the servo. If not change the servo saver.

I have discovered something today if your having steering issues try to loosen your steering link under the car if its too tight its going to bind and make your stock servo saver engage
image.jpg

Fixed almost completly the saver issue to the point i don't even want the HR servo saver anymore in my case idk if i cant turn fully when going at high speed i only let go the throttle or brake a little before turning. A real car cant turn well at high speed same goes for an rc car

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back