Granite steering wont go full lock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davedave

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hi, me again.

I have an issue with the steering on my granite BLX.

Recently the steering has become an issue. When operating via the remote the wheels wont go full lock. It seems better if i am turning left. They move freely by hand. I seem to remember when new you could hear the servo when manually moving the wheels, this no longer happens.

I have taken the cover off to look at the servo and all looks ok, no loose screws / damage etc. ( went back together okay as well)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I can upload a video later if that will help.

Thanks

Rich

The first thing that comes to mind with those symptoms is the metal pin in the servo saver. The steering normally still works when this breaks, just with very limited range and a ton of slop. If it isn't broken, make sure it is adjusted properly. The granite is pretty sloppy in the steering department to begin with and it gets worse when the two bolts on the bellcrank inevitably loosen up. I back those out to expose some threads in the plastic and then apply a small amount of CA before snugging them back up. Of course you also want to make sure the steering D/R setting on your transmitter is adjusted properly.

If you do a search for granite steering slop you will find a post with more info on this as well as some ways to help reduce slop.

The first thing that comes to mind with those symptoms is the metal pin in the servo saver. The steering normally still works when this breaks, just with very limited range and a ton of slop. If it isn't broken, make sure it is adjusted properly. The granite is pretty sloppy in the steering department to begin with and it gets worse when the two bolts on the bellcrank inevitably loosen up. I back those out to expose some threads in the plastic and then apply a small amount of CA before snugging them back up. Of course you also want to make sure the steering D/R setting on your transmitter is adjusted properly.

If you do a search for granite steering slop you will find a post with more info on this as well as some ways to help reduce slop.

Bang on. Thanks Dustin. The metal pin inside servo saver had snapped. I have ordered a replacement set.

Thanks again

Hi

Now if we could only find someone to make the pins for the SC10 steering bellcrank.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back