Granite Granite stopped working after 5 minutes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Senton Granite Owner

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I've had a senton for a few weeks and love it. Purchased a granite and ran it for the first time for 5 minutes before it took a small knock against the tree. Power is being supplied to the engine but the wheels are not turning and when I pulled up the shaft it was not spinning? What could have happened that quick?

I've had a senton for a few weeks and love it. Purchased a granite and ran it for the first time for 5 minutes before it took a small knock against the tree. Power is being supplied to the engine but the wheels are not turning and when I pulled up the shaft it was not spinning? What could have happened that quick?

Center shaft does not spin? Check the red slipper shaft is connect to the long center shaft...that is it not stripped or well connected:
https://www.amainhobbies.com/arrma-4x4-slipper-shaft-red-ara310881/p773859?r=0

If it is connected well but not turning to power the tires/diffs, take the power module off which is the entire housing holding the motor there and need to see what's going on inside, and all is connected as should.

Look at Razor RC video the see the internals:

I am no pro just adding some advice on where I would look to wait on the vets :)

Thank you I'll check it out. I'm having trouble removing the housing

Here is a video to remove the power module.... I have a BIG flat head screwdriver that I use to help wedge it out to push the module away from the diff

8:30 in on this one is how I remove it:

Use a card of some sort. Then pry it out with a flat head.
1610956376061.png

I ended up opening it. Took forever to remove center brace it was stuck like glue lol. Took advice from everyone and ended up moving motor closer to the spur gear. Must have moved over with the knock. Thanks guys back in business! My lady and son like how the granite drives, I still prefer the Senton. I like how short course trucks land on their feet. Thanks guys for being so welcoming and all the great tips!

Back