Granite Granite tire failure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankthetank

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
So i bought my granite in February of this year. Super fun and quick. Well yesterday i was doing a “speed run” and i had a tire explode at 50 mph lol. Has anyone seen this happen on their trucks? And will the send me a replacement?

Attachments

• 340C049A-88C1-4214-A15E-D692B30BD27D.jpeg
    340C049A-88C1-4214-A15E-D692B30BD27D.jpeg
    292.6 KB · Views: 173
I usually blow a tire every 6 months but by that time they are too worn to perform well on loose surfaces. I kinda like the stock granite tire/wheel combo because more expensive “better” tires last longer than the hexes in the wheels.

They are stock vented. It is just a very soft rubber. They let go at the rim and the whole tires is done at that point.

Common problem running on the street at high speed, they don't last forever doing that with all the balooning.

Or only buy the tire itself and unglue the worn tires like i did lel
But i ended up cracking my wheel during winter soooo XD

If I had to glue my own tires every time I had a blow out I would absolutely quit this hobby and shoot myself in the mouth.

Thats what im saying was it vented to get rid of dirt and water?
I'm sorry I must have been confused between did you vent them. Which they are from factory. And did you vent the tire.

If I had to glue my own tires every time I had a blow out I would absolutely quit this hobby and shoot myself in the mouth.
I glued my own tires for the first time and it was quite satisfying but the steps to cook the tires to unglue them is a bit of a pain. I need to glue a few spots back on but i heard superglue gets bad if not in the fridge when not in use lol. I had a little cut on thmy side of my front tire i think i glued it back togueter but idk if it held or not

I glued my own tires for the first time and it was quite satisfying but the steps to cook the tires to unglue them is a bit of a pain. I need to glue a few spots back on but i heard superglue gets bad if not in the fridge when not in use lol. I had a little cut on thmy side of my front tire i think i glued it back togueter but idk if it held or not
I used to keep my glues in the fridge but heard opposite. The key is to keep it away from humidity with the lid off. Do the job and close the lid quick. I keep mine at room temp.

I used to keep my glues in the fridge but heard opposite. The key is to keep it away from humidity with the lid off. Do the job and close the lid quick. I keep mine at room temp.
Oh noted but my glue is still liquid like water. I need to keep my lid closed when not in use while im workig. Might explain why my gorilla glue became a paster after i decided to not use it anymore even with the lid on?‍♀️

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back