Granite Granite tire failure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Common problem running on the street at high speed, they don't last forever doing that with all the balooning.

I figured that’s what kills them. Guess i need to invest in some belted tires if i wanna go fast and make the tires last. ?
I haven't tried to get warranty on tires because I try to save up my claims for the big stuff. You should be able to find a new set pretty cheap online. 2/$25 or 4/$50

Yea it might not be worth a claim. I’ll try and get 2 at least and then get some better tires later. ??

I figured that’s what kills them. Guess i need to invest in some belted tires if i wanna go fast and make the tires last. ?

Yea it might not be worth a claim. I’ll try and get 2 at least and then get some better tires later. ??
What kills tires are water+dirt inside the tire when it has no where to escape or agressive wear. And also diff fluid weigh ussualy a tire explodes when one tire receives 100% of the power +the water and dirt trapped inside and you have a receipt for explosion. Belted tires imo don't have their place really in bashing you need to have a bit of balooning to do the stuns. Belted are more expensive and heavier by quite a bit
If you went trough some water your tires were already compromised if it did not have holes on the rubber to let that water escape and tape the rims holes

What kills tires are water+dirt inside the tire when it has no where to escape or agressive wear. And also diff fluid weigh ussualy a tire explodes when one tire receives 100% of the power +the water and dirt trapped inside and you have a receipt for explosion. Belted tires imo don't have their place really in bashing you need to have a bit of balooning to do the stuns. Belted are more expensive and heavier by quite a bit
If you went trough some water your tires were already compromised if it did not have holes on the rubber to let that water escape and tape the rims holes

Ahhhh. Ok. I’ll keep that in mind. It did look like the right rear tire had the most wear out of all of them. Funny thing was i rotated the tires and then the rr blew up lol. That was the RF before. The foam insert looked clean and dry. What diff oil weight works good to make sure it’s transferring power to all tires equally?

Ahhhh. Ok. I’ll keep that in mind. It did look like the right rear tire had the most wear out of all of them. Funny thing was i rotated the tires and then the rr blew up lol. That was the RF before. The foam insert looked clean and dry. What diff oil weight works good to make sure it’s transferring power to all tires equally?
You can try 10k front and rear and then try 30k front and 10k rear it all comes about personnal preferances
Stock is 6000-7000wt i think
Did the tire unglued itself from the rim or it just ripped apart without pulling off from the rim?
Maybe one side of the glue on the tire let go because it was already weaken or needed to be reglued thats why its important to keep an eye on your tires beads
GOing to sleep goodnight

Hi @Frankthetank. Chances are, your tire tore from the rim outwards. It's also important to check the bead between the wheel and rubber after each run. If the bead breaks at any point, you need to reglue it right away. Venting is good, but I have a completely sealed pair of Backflip Lp's on my Notorious 6s. If I didn't check that bead after each run, I would have lost a tire(s) a long time ago. I do the same check on my Granite. Even a little tear should be glued up. Hope this helps in the future.

Hi @Frankthetank. Chances are, your tire tore from the rim outwards. It's also important to check the bead between the wheel and rubber after each run. If the bead breaks at any point, you need to reglue it right away. Venting is good, but I have a completely sealed pair of Backflip Lp's on my Notorious 6s. If I didn't check that bead after each run, I would have lost a tire(s) a long time ago. I do the same check on my Granite. Even a little tear should be glued up. Hope this helps in the future.
I agree to a point here J. I had similar issues with my MX28 Badlands until I vented them. No more need to check the beads anymore. Used to have to glue them almost every run. They’ve held up perfectly ever since I vented them. I immediately went and vented every tire I own. Glue hasn’t been out of my toolbox since. I even bought some new glue that sits unused ???✌?

I’ll take a look at all my tires today. Thanks guys for all the advice. I’ve been out of the hobby for about 10 years and I’m glad to be back tearing things up ?.
You can try 10k front and rear and then try 30k front and 10k rear it all comes about personnal preferances
Stock is 6000-7000wt i think

Did the tire unglued itself from the rim or it just ripped apart without pulling off from the rim?
Maybe one side of the glue on the tire let go because it was already weaken or needed to be reglued thats why its important to keep an eye on your tires beads
GOing to sleep goodnight
It looks like it just ripped apart. There’s still rubber glued to the wheel where it came apart. I will take a look at the others to make sure they haven’t unglued.

I’ll take a look at all my tires today. Thanks guys for all the advice. I’ve been out of the hobby for about 10 years and I’m glad to be back tearing things up ?.

It looks like it just ripped apart. There’s still rubber glued to the wheel where it came apart. I will take a look at the others to make sure they haven’t unglued.

Attachments

• 5C80BDB6-5B26-4499-8788-2A387726160B.jpeg
    5C80BDB6-5B26-4499-8788-2A387726160B.jpeg
    191.6 KB · Views: 43
Nope, it’s still glued all the way around ?
This is why I check mine each time. Some glue on a small tear will extend the tire's life quite a bit. Jennys Rc is a great place to shop for spares.

So i bought my granite in February of this year. Super fun and quick. Well yesterday i was doing a “speed run” and i had a tire explode at 50 mph lol. Has anyone seen this happen on their trucks? And will the send me a replacement?
Yo what glue is everyone using????

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back