1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton 4s
  5. Outcast 6s
  6. Outcast 4s
  7. Vorteks
  8. Voltage
Nice, like the Granite tires, put them on my Bigrock.

Revomikey

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Senton 3s
Some chassis slap is good, it stops parts snapping and bending. Mine slaps and I'm happy for it to do so, she rarely breaks.

Dizzle

Reaction score
Does the granite body fit the Vorteks? Asking because I was interested in buying the Vorteks body for my daughter and putting it on her granite.

BulletRCs_NZ

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Senton 3s
  3. Vorteks
I've got granite tyres on my Big Rock but I like the stock Vorteks tyres. I get plenty of chassis slap, the Vorteks is a noisy lander but a lot of it is the body. It hangs lower on the chassis than the BR and hits the ground when it bottoms out.

GRC

Build Thread Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
I just put my granite tires on my vorteks. I'm hoping for better grip and less chassis slap. Looks awesome. I wonder how it's gonna go
I have a Granite, looks like you do too. But if I got a Vorteks, I would never do this. It defeats the whole purpose of the Vorteks. The Vorteks is supposed to be low to the ground for speed, stability and control. If you want to jump with less chassis slap, use your Granite. Use the Vorteks for speed and control on flatter ground. Granite tires on a Vorteks gives you an RC that jumps worse than your Granite and handles speed worse than a stock Vorteks.

Last edited:

Dramaward86

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Vorteks
Some chassis slap is good, it stops parts snapping and bending. Mine slaps and I'm happy for it to do so, she rarely breaks.
What kind of shocks and shock towers? I break mine almost everytime. Probably need to stop going from air to concrete!

Steve38

Bash IT Real Good!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite

PatMarcus172

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Vorteks
I see in his latest video that Jaytee put Big Rock tyres on his Vorteks and almost immediately stated that he's have to either also fit longer arms or start trimming the body. I would have thought that the Granite tyres would have the same problem.

GRC

Build Thread Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
People are buying the Vorteks for the wrong reason. Of course you get more chassis slap. It's lower to the ground. Once you start doing big jumps, flips and rough off-roading, you should have gotten a Granite/Big Rock. With the shorter shocks/towers/tires, the Vorteks KILLS the Granite/Big Rock when it comes to high speed runs and quick handling on flat ground. If you got a Vorteks and wonder why it doesn't handle rough off-road, high grass or high jumps so well, it's because it's not designed for that. It's partly Arrma's fault. They NEVER mention the shorter towers/shocks and what the Vorteks is designed for. It's a super agile flat ground speed basher, not a rough off-road jumping basher.

Last edited:

razorrc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Vorteks
People are buying the Vorteks for the wrong reason. Of course you get more chassis slap. It's lower to the ground. Once you start doing big jumps, flips and rough off-roading, you should have gotten a Granite/Big Rock. With the shorter shocks/towers/tires, the Vorteks KILLS the Granite/Big Rock when it comes to high speed runs and quick handling on flat ground. If you got a Vorteks and wonder why it doesn't handle rough off-road, high grass or high jumps so well, it's because it's not designed for that. It's partly Arrma's fault. They NEVER mention the shorter towers/shocks and what the Vorteks is designed for. It's a super agile flat ground speed basher, not a rough off-road jumping basher.

Damn, did you somehow see my not-yet-released Vorteks review video dropping Saturday? 👍

arrmadillo

Too Fast Too Tough For Roadkill
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton 4s
  5. Outcast 6s
  6. Outcast 4s
  7. Vorteks
  8. Voltage
With the shorter shocks/towers/tires, the Vorteks KILLS the Granite/Big Rock when it comes to high speed runs and quick handling on flat ground. If you got a Vorteks and wonder why it doesn't handle rough off-road, high grass or high jumps so well, it's because it's not designed for that. It's partly Arrma's fault. They NEVER mention the shorter towers/shocks and what the Vorteks is designed for. It's a super agile flat ground speed basher, not a rough off-road jumping basher.
This is exactly what I bought the Vorteks for, if someone doesn't know what a low center gravity stadium truck is, it's their fault. But I get your point.

arrmadillo

Too Fast Too Tough For Roadkill
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton 4s
  5. Outcast 6s
  6. Outcast 4s
  7. Vorteks
  8. Voltage
Will be looking for it as I just ordered one.
Think you are going to enjoy it. I recently sold two Rustler 4x4s and a Rustler 2wd, all VXLs used for street use. When the Vorteks came out I jumped on it because I needed a dedicated street basher.