Granite Granite to Senton conversion questions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggman100

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
  2. 4x4-Mega
I know the conversion from Granite to Senton has been covered, but, i have a couple questions that i didn't see in any of the other posts about it, and most of those posts were for the 3S stuff, and my questions pertain only to the 4X4 trucks (im not sure if there are any major differences between the standard and 3S trucks), so, here goes. I know that to convert a Granite to a Senton, you need the chassis, driveshaft and side pieces for the chassis, but, how much longer will that make the Granite? Will the Granite body still fit? Will it make it more stable when turning? I have an issue where my Granite rolls over almost every time i corner it, especially if i hit the throttle at the start of, or in the middle of turning. Im hoping the Granite body will still fit, because i bought 2 different clear bodies for it, and, since i don't have a Senton anymore (burned it to the ground using a cheap ESC and BL motor combo i picked up, 2 days before the Granite arrived at my house), and never actually compared the Senton to the Granite, im not sure how much difference in length there is. Are there any parts from the Granite that wont be a direct fit on the Senton Chassis? Looking through both trucks parts lists online, i don't think so, but, i could always be missing something. I would have actually bought another Senton, if the blue one wasn't constantly on back-order, then just put the Granite wheels and tires, or one of a couple other sets of tires i have already, on it, but i wanted another monster truck, since the only other one i have, a Force RC Outbreak, i have had so many issues with in just grass, i barely use it anymore (for those that already know about it, my monster buggy hybrid doesn't count, because that is almost slow enough to be a crawler, and i wanted something faster and more capable, which is why i bought the Granite, since the Outbreak cant handle much power).

You can make the granite body fit the lwb, but it will never look quite right and you'll need to poke some new holes for body posts. If you're having roll issues, maybe pick up some of the gpm hubs or swap out the a-arms and links to the typhon 3s parts. Either one will add 3/4" to 1" width which will help a ton. You can also remove a few spacers from the shocks and swap the springs from the mega to the blx version, which are a little more stiff. I did the swb to lwb swap, and it just seems to make it better for keeping wheelies down and jump stability (but harder to flip). The other mods helped with rolling too much.

With the longer chassis the Big Rock Crew Cab body would be a better fit (If you can exchange the bodies). Then if you add the Typhon 3s a-arms and links you basically have a 1/10 scale MT/Truggy. Should be extremely stable, which is why I'm doing it to my Big Rock right now!

I know the conversion from Granite to Senton has been covered, but, i have a couple questions that i didn't see in any of the other posts about it, and most of those posts were for the 3S stuff, and my questions pertain only to the 4X4 trucks (im not sure if there are any major differences between the standard and 3S trucks), so, here goes. I know that to convert a Granite to a Senton, you need the chassis, driveshaft and side pieces for the chassis, but, how much longer will that make the Granite? Will the Granite body still fit? Will it make it more stable when turning? I have an issue where my Granite rolls over almost every time i corner it, especially if i hit the throttle at the start of, or in the middle of turning. Im hoping the Granite body will still fit, because i bought 2 different clear bodies for it, and, since i don't have a Senton anymore (burned it to the ground using a cheap ESC and BL motor combo i picked up, 2 days before the Granite arrived at my house), and never actually compared the Senton to the Granite, im not sure how much difference in length there is. Are there any parts from the Granite that wont be a direct fit on the Senton Chassis? Looking through both trucks parts lists online, i don't think so, but, i could always be missing something. I would have actually bought another Senton, if the blue one wasn't constantly on back-order, then just put the Granite wheels and tires, or one of a couple other sets of tires i have already, on it, but i wanted another monster truck, since the only other one i have, a Force RC Outbreak, i have had so many issues with in just grass, i barely use it anymore (for those that already know about it, my monster buggy hybrid doesn't count, because that is almost slow enough to be a crawler, and i wanted something faster and more capable, which is why i bought the Granite, since the Outbreak cant handle much power).

The Senton/BRCC/Typhon chassis is about 2 inches longer. As far as making it more stable when turning, that has more to do with width and center if gravity than length. In fact my stock BRCC rolled way more than my Granite. It had a narrower wheelbase. First thing I did was change the tires. If you want your granite to roll less, get hub extenders. I run the Hot Racing 17mm adapters with the 10mm offset. It almost never rolls. @Jeremy in WI is spot on with his recommendations. Lowering the truck and the center of gravity will help a lot too.

As for parts that won’t fit, the granite skid plates are shorter and will not fit. The side guards are shorter but I think you can make them work. Hope all this helps. The longer wheel base will help keep the front wheels down and make it more stable in the air.

You can make the granite body fit the lwb, but it will never look quite right and you'll need to poke some new holes for body posts. If you're having roll issues, maybe pick up some of the gpm hubs or swap out the a-arms and links to the typhon 3s parts. Either one will add 3/4" to 1" width which will help a ton. You can also remove a few spacers from the shocks and swap the springs from the mega to the blx version, which are a little more stiff. I did the swb to lwb swap, and it just seems to make it better for keeping wheelies down and jump stability (but harder to flip). The other mods helped with rolling too much.
What else besides the arms would i need from the Typhon? Driveshafts? Steering Linkage? Turnbuckles? Since the Typhon is listed as 1/8 scale, are the parts a direct fit for the Granite?

If you're having roll issues, maybe pick up some of the gpm hubs or swap out the a-arms and links to the typhon 3s parts. Either one will add 3/4" to 1" width which will help a ton.
Do hub extenders work long term? Do they wear out hubs and bearings faster? I found a few different ones from multiple places, but, all i can think of is what happens on full size trucks that use them. Full size trucks typically have bearing, brake and hub issues when extending the wheels out, and im thinking something similar will happen on the Granite if i do that, as in, bent axle ends from the extra weight, wear out bearing and hubs quicker, things like that. I want to stick with the stock wheel and hex size, and not swap to a 17mm 1/8 wheel.

I can't speak for longevity of spacers as mine haven't shown up yet. I did the a arms on 1 truck and was planning on spacers on the other to compare. Well, the spacers are somewhere between here and Hong Kong, so set #2 of a arms are en route as of this morning, which is why I had the part numbers/links handy. I guess I never thought twice about wear and tear on bearings and axle stubs as they're pretty cheap and easy to come by.

I can't speak for longevity of spacers as mine haven't shown up yet. I did the a arms on 1 truck and was planning on spacers on the other to compare. Well, the spacers are somewhere between here and Hong Kong, so set #2 of a arms are en route as of this morning, which is why I had the part numbers/links handy. I guess I never thought twice about wear and tear on bearings and axle stubs as they're pretty cheap and easy to come by.
The biggest reason im asking is because i actually have 3 vehicles that all do the same thing the Granite does, so, i figure if extenders wont harm anything, i might do the same for the other 2 (DHK Wolf 2, but, i might just turn that into a DHK Raz-R, and a Redcat Blackout XTE). I can get all the parts, whether its doing the Typhon stuff, or the extenders, somewhat locally, i just want to know which is the best approach before i go.

The biggest reason im asking is because i actually have 3 vehicles that all do the same thing the Granite does, so, i figure if extenders wont harm anything, i might do the same for the other 2 (DHK Wolf 2, but, i might just turn that into a DHK Raz-R, and a Redcat Blackout XTE). I can get all the parts, whether its doing the Typhon stuff, or the extenders, somewhat locally, i just want to know which is the best approach before i go.
A lot of guys run em and I haven't read about many problems, if any at all. That doesn't mean much though... If you're willing to wait I can report back in a few months! ?
Maybe someone who uses them more will chime in, otherwise I'd say order a set and give it a try. What's the worst that could happen?

The GPM extenders showed up, and I now see that the 9mm hexes are a TOTAL of 9mm long, only 3mm longer than stock, which is fairly pointless if you ask me. I assumed it was plus 9mm, and I was wrong. Again. Go figure.

The GPM extenders showed up, and I now see that the 9mm hexes are a TOTAL of 9mm long, only 3mm longer than stock, which is fairly pointless if you ask me. I assumed it was plus 9mm, and I was wrong. Again. Go figure.
I found some that are 25 and 30MM each, but, im not sure how far out that would put the wheels, or if it is too much, so im still holding off until i decide exactly what im going to do.

I found some that are 25 and 30MM each, but, im not sure how far out that would put the wheels, or if it is too much, so im still holding off until i decide exactly what im going to do.
I tried some of those and it is EXCESSIVE... I have some shorter ones on the way, but now that the typhon arms are readily available I just grabbed another set for truck #2 and I'm sticking with that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back