Granite-top speeds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darren Wes

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
So im interested in seeing what kind of top speeds you guys get in your granites. Im clocking in @ 37mph on 3s with a 3900kv brushless. I would like to be able to go 45 50 eventually without breaking the bank. But that is in the future. Whats your top speed? don't know? download the free speedometer app, on the app store of your choice, and tape the fool to your truck! Let me know how fast your granite goes. Also what you did to it would be nice to hear as well.

My 2014 Blx GPSed at 33.8 mph straight out of the box. I'm running a big honkin' 2s lipo now but have yet to GPS it. I also have some 3s packs sitting around that I have yet to test. I will report back on those...

35mph on 2s, can't wait for the 3s!
Distance traveled: 1/10 of a mile.

WP_20150708_12_10_29_Pro.jpg

Motor: Leopard 3650 3650kv 4 pole brushless.
Gearing: Stock 57t spur gear and 13t pinion.
Battery: Gforce 70c 6000mah 2s lipo.
Tires: Pro line mashers, all four.

I know this isn't a record, but I'm working on it!
See you at the finish line! ;)

Last edited:
Ok so if you ever wanted to know what the granite looks like with little wheels here you go, you're welcome
1436378070323-1950291937.jpg
i probably wont keep it this way, but untill then bwahahahha look at those dinky things...

Anyway im in the market for some new new rubber.... anyone have a prefrance between mashers/trenchers/badlands

Like the look of the mashers, like the reviews on trenchers, the pattern of the badlands look promising. I will typically be bashing and using the stock tires, but every few weeks i like to go to the dirt track by my house. What would give me the best shot connecting to the loose dirt?

Thanks... i think i will pick some trenchers up. Of course the mashers look more like monster tires but being 2wd i need extra grip for the loose dirt turning (if it ever stop raining)

Thanks... i think i will pick some trenchers up. Of course the mashers look more like monster tires but being 2wd i need extra grip for the loose dirt turning (if it ever stop raining)

You're welcome, just make sure you get the trenchers with the 1/2" offset, #117012. I found this out the hard way, back when i ordered my mashers, and recently had to buy a set of the desperado rims #2728-03. They will also keep your vehicle on its wheels, with the wider stance.

Oh thank goodness.... i noticed the issues with the stampede owners and needing the back and front different rims. i bought 4 trencher 117012's because the a arms are the same length and they looked simmilar. Thanks for the info tho, double checked and already shipped

Well, ummmm.... I hit 39mph in a 1/10th of mile, on a 2s 25c 5000mah lipo. I tell you what, for speed runs 25c is too low! The lva was beeping, near the last 20ft. of the run, every run. I'll give it a go tomorrow with the 2s 70c 6000mah and see what happens.
3s should be here, Monday or Tuesday?
Also, this was with 54/15 gearing.
WP_20150711_19_28_37_Pro.jpg

Sadly, a 2s is a 2s..... :(
Only difference between 70c and 25c discharge rating was, the lva didn't beep once during speed runs. Still 39mph in 1/10th of a mile.
3s is in :) Lets see if I can beat my record, or my truck! Lol!
To be continued......

Last edited:
Even traveling on such a short, limited, curving road, and having too wreck into a bush........ In order to stop! :D

WP_20150713_14_34_09_Pro.jpg

If and when I get up to the park, there's a 1mile long oval walking track. I cannot wait to see what the top speed actually is! I had to put the stock tires back on because, mashers were causing it to pop a wheelie at 39mph! I also strapped a 8cell NIMH battery to the front of it as well. I'll definitely update when I have more running room. :)
48mph ain't too bad for a tenth of a mile!

I think tomorrow I'll change my gearing, just too see if I can go faster, quicker!

Last edited:
Ok so if you ever wanted to know what the granite looks like with little wheels here you go, you're welcome
View attachment 149 i probably wont keep it this way, but untill then bwahahahha look at those dinky things...

Anyway im in the market for some new new rubber.... anyone have a prefrance between mashers/trenchers/badlands

Like the look of the mashers, like the reviews on trenchers, the pattern of the badlands look promising. I will typically be bashing and using the stock tires, but every few weeks i like to go to the dirt track by my house. What would give me the best shot connecting to the loose dirt?

I have heard nothing but good things about about badlands and trenchers. They can be had from tower pre installed very reasonable too :) I'll be getting one of the two at some point once I burn up my others.

Oh yea right top speeds! Sorry to get off topic! So I run Spc batteries myself 5000mah 2s 40c and 4300mah 3s 40c and the top speeds are as follows. 56km on 2s cosistantly and 86 or 87 kms on 3s. All stock gearing and gps on the truck. Had to weight the front to get top speed. I think the tbr bumper (as helpful as it is otherwise) catches major wind! Had to take the body of as well to hit top speed or else it would just Parachute the body and wreck it. Basically.ripped the stock body in half when I caught wind do g about 70-75 kms :/

Just GPS'd my stock granite blx with this 2s lipo, 39.1 mph or 5.3 mph faster than with the stock NiMH. Next up I am going to try this lipo with the 54t spur and stock pinion. Then some 3s testing...

My Fury BLX (2013) - just clocked it at 59.3kmh (~37mph) over ~ 40 metre run on soft grass - standard Arrma 4000mah 2s Lipo - Louise Pioneer tyres and 17T pinion.

What is the GPS device you are using?

Garmin eTrex 30. There is a thin piece of foam beneath it that really helps keep it secure. 41.2 today with that spur change but I think there is more left in it. I put on new slipper pads and they were slipping really bad. It wouldn't even pull a wheelie.

09_04_2015 (12457) web.jpg

Hi, do I have to upgrade granite´s bls motor and esc to run with 2s?.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back