Granite Granite transformation...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashingBrian

#ArrmaAddict #RCwhore
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Outcast EXB
  5. Talion EXB
  6. Typhon 6s
So where to begin...
It all started a while ago when I saw @CrayZee_One had slammed his Granite.. so cool by the way..??

My journey began with a busted Granite body and a bag of Jenny's spares..!!

I must first apologise for this most hanus of crimes as I fitted a Traxxas part on my Arrma..???

I decided to create a sort of speed run Granite without cutting it to death, also keeping it looking as standard as possible.
Started with some parts out of my Kraton (waiting on m2c chassis for it) I used the servo and the BLX185.

In keeping with the standard look I made an esc mounting plate out of 3mm Lexan..

IMG_2574.jpeg

From there I fitted the Kraton servo, after that I decided to order some rpm arms and another motor then my crime happened...

IMG_2780.jpg

Was already running the Hot Racing motor mount so thought I would push the pinion to the max which is 27T by the way...?

I was trying to work out the best way to lower the truck and came to the conclusion that I would make some sleeves for the shafts out of 8mm acetal/delrin..

IMG_2731.jpeg

IMG_2735.jpeg

This would shorten the shocks by 15mm lowering the car a fair amount, keeping the original springs which are now quite stiff because they are compressed so much, not ideal I know but no extra cost.
Before and after length..

IMG_2738.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2575.jpeg
    IMG_2575.jpeg
    376.2 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2577.jpg
    IMG_2577.jpg
    345.3 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Next up was the motor and pinion swap, went with a 3670 2850KV it will only run 3s for now but may test it with 4s when I'm feeling stupid..?
Decide to use a 40mm fan I had lying around after seeing what Arrma had done with the 4s models.

IMG_2786.jpg

IMG_2793.jpg

IMG_2791.jpg

The motor and pinion back together, back to the esc fitting..

IMG_2625.jpeg

It all mounts up with some concealed screws and to me I think it looks pretty stock..
Next up were the new arms.. Notice the wheelie bar and wing, a must for a budding speed runner..???

IMG_2784.jpg

IMG_2785.jpg

The arms sit nearly level with just a fraction up sweep, so I could have made the shock spacers a tiny bit shorter maybe 12mm
I bought some wheels a while ago curtesy of @GMballistic ?? now you know where they went..?

Onto the final fitting..

It really couldn't be any tighter fitting..!!!

IMG_2799.jpg

So here are the speeds it could do...?
If I get anywhere near any of those I'll be happy..

Screenshot 2019-06-24 at 14.28.21.jpeg

Screenshot 2019-06-24 at 14.28.35.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2733.jpg
    IMG_2733.jpg
    300.1 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2734.jpg
    IMG_2734.jpg
    291.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2736.jpg
    IMG_2736.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2737.jpeg
    IMG_2737.jpeg
    289.2 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_2788.jpeg
    IMG_2788.jpeg
    249.2 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_2790.jpg
    IMG_2790.jpg
    295 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Onto the final unveiling of the finished ? speed runner slammed Granite..

IMG_2812.jpeg

IMG_2808.jpg

IMG_2810.jpeg

IMG_2819.jpeg

IMG_2830.jpg

IMG_2813.jpeg

IMG_2816.jpeg

IMG_2829.jpeg

So that's the end... hope it was fun looking and reading...??

It hasn't been tested yet but will get run on a Turnigy Heavy Duty 3s 60c pack hopefully very soon, will post back when its either
A: really fast or really slow
B: a bag of broken bits..????

Finally I must apologise for my terrible photo taking skills..???

O. M. G. ???

Now you got me wanting to do something similar to my bag of parts that used to be a Granite Mega. Holy cow that looks great slammed. Very impressed.

Hi,
Terrific style…! Really. Love the open hood.
Looks like LWB chassis…?
Thanks for sharing
PL

I enjoy the slammed body. I’m not sure I would want to take my chassis that close to the ground, but all these pics have me seriously considering at least dropping the body down.

I must admit, these slammed trucks look mean. I couldn’t get away with it where I run my truck, but the look is fantastic.

So with the working week over and a new day..? time to test the Granite...

I'll keep this short'ish and let the pics explain the outcome..!!

IMG_2850.jpg

IMG_2851.jpg

IMG_2852.jpeg

IMG_2866.jpg

IMG_2868.jpg

IMG_2869.jpg

IMG_2871.jpeg

IMG_2872.jpeg

IMG_2857.jpg

IMG_2875.jpeg

I had the truck setup temporarily with a Flysky GT3C radio, as my tactic is in my Kraton...!!! So basically it was all going well until the radio glitched out and the truck took a sharp left turn into a curb at about 3/4 throttle..??

It made contact head on..!! so all the force was transferred through the truck..? it has bent the HR motor mount, broke the ESC tabs, destroyed the battery, and the chassis is toast..!! I'm going to try and attempt to straighten the motor mount but I think it will break as its bent on the thinest part.?

Just look at the above bolt, this is the bolt that held the Lexan mount flush onto the receiver box.. that's some force..!!

Not a bad morning out..???

Lastly let me say it was way faster than standard on just 3/4 throttle, unluckily though I didn't get it to top speed before it was all over..
Oh, and the Typhon 6s wheels/tires are pants on tarmac..?

I think that covers everything..??

Jenny's here I come..??

Last edited:
So with the working week over and a new day..? time to test the Granite...

I'll keep this short'ish and let the pics explain the outcome..!!

View attachment 42012

View attachment 42013

View attachment 42014

View attachment 42015

View attachment 42016

View attachment 42017

View attachment 42018

View attachment 42019

View attachment 42020

View attachment 42022

I had the truck setup temporarily with a Flysky GT3C radio, as my tactic is in my Kraton...!!! So basically it was all going well until the radio glitched out and the truck took a sharp left turn into a curb at about 3/4 throttle..??

It made contact head on..!! so all the force was transferred through the truck..? it has bent the HR motor mount, broke the ESC tabs, destroyed the battery, and the chassis is toast..!! I'm going to try and attempt to straighten the motor mount but I think it will break as its bent on the thinest part.?

Just look at the above bolt, this is the bolt that held the Lexan mount flush onto the receiver box.. that's some force..!!

Not a bad morning out..???

Lastly let me say it was way faster than standard on just 3/4 throttle, unluckily though I didn't get it to top speed before it was all over..
Oh, and the Typhon 6s wheels/tires are pants on tarmac..?

I think that covers everything..??

Jenny's here I come..??
Wow @BashingBrian! Glad to see you're taking it in stride. I only just got my first glimpse of this thread and was blown away by the work and detail. Sucks about the crash, but at least you already have the willingness to fix it and move on. Can't wait to hear about the results once you get it up and running again.???

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back