Granite Granite trouble..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daddy-O

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Voltage
Ok my granite voltage pretty much stopped running, if I pick it up the wheels begin to turn. I have taken it apart and all the gears and differential are still good. There seems to be a rattling noise when I try to run it and noticed the ESC seems to be vibrating. I am relatively new to the RC world so I'm just completely lost. I did notice one of the out drives are stripped, not sure if that would cause the issue, but can't seem to get any replacements until mid August...

That's the issue. I've had the same issue. It's unfortunate you have to wait that long. I would advice to stock these up. When they are avaible.

That's the issue. I've had the same issue. It's unfortunate you have to wait that long. I would advice to stock these up. When they are available.
Have some on order and placed an order for some spares.

I recently stocked up on differential outdrives and was able to get four pairs in about a week. Ordered two pairs from the web site through Arrma and had a local dealer order two as well. They strip frequently for me, especially if I (or my son) keeps the throttle on while jumping. That said, I like to bash :), so does he, and they are cheap.

I recently stocked up on differential outdrives and was able to get four pairs in about a week. Ordered two pairs from the web site through Arrma and had a local dealer order two as well. They strip frequently for me, especially if I (or my son) keeps the throttle on while jumping. That said, I like to bash :), so does he, and they are cheap.
Sounds like you and your boy drive em like me and my boys lol.. I'm definitely going to be stocking up on them

Ok my granite voltage pretty much stopped running, if I pick it up the wheels begin to turn. I have taken it apart and all the gears and differential are still good. There seems to be a rattling noise when I try to run it and noticed the ESC seems to be vibrating. I am relatively new to the RC world so I'm just completely lost. I did notice one of the out drives are stripped, not sure if that would cause the issue, but can't seem to get any replacements until mid August...

I had a bit of time and energy to do this tonight, so I put together an eight minute video showing you how to replace the Differential Outdrive cups on your Granite Voltage. This also works for the Fazon Voltage (the only two I have, assume it works for a bunch of others too.)

Instead of disassembling the hinge pin brace (the triangle part with 3 screws) and the a-arm, i just remove 1 screw, the one that connects the top link to the wheel hub. After you do that the wheel hub can be tilted downwards, and so the drive-shaft and the outdrive cup can be removed.

During your operation of taking apart your truck, are there any tips you could advise me on. I am breaking mine down for a bearing swap and looking for some insider intel?

Yes you can actually find a ton of videos on there to help with things like that

I tried to find one where they are actually getting to the dig having taken apart chassis but not having any luck. If you find it could you link it. Thanks for help

During your operation of taking apart your truck, are there any tips you could advise me on. I am breaking mine down for a bearing swap and looking for some insider intel?
Some of the parts that will leave you scratching your head is getting the power module out and removing the inner sections of the driveshafts.

I just replaced the diff and idler in my voltage the other day after snapping the metal diff outdrive shaft itself. It's not a hard job but pretty much the whole truck has to come apart to split the chassis in two go get to diff. It's 4 side screws (two behind front/rear shock towers, one in front side of battery door, and one inside the motor housing area. For the servo if you just unscrew one side the servo will come out with whatever side it's still attached to. You can disconnect the steering arms at the hubs by just prying them off the pivot balls and that will prevent you from having to remove the servo saver so leave it and the arms attached to the servo so you don't have to mess with servo or steering stuff during reassembly later. Do all this as well as remove front/rear bumpers and bottom body brace clips (between both front/rear A-arms on the bottom) hinge pin retaining plates, top shock screws, and body posts and it will split apart. It sounds like a lot but really it's not so bad.

I am experimenting with locking the diff to see if that helps with breaks with theory being that with power to both wheels will always 50/50 and so I won't be exploding more diff outdrive shafts when I go airborne and the power only goes to 1 wheel because of the open diff and landing making it snap.

Oh if you have this this far apart I'd recommend some metal diff outdrive cups, I used these ones from hot racing that are meant for the Kraton I believe but they are a direct fit.
20200209_110639.jpg

Wow thanks for that great reply. I looked further into the noise I thought were bearings in the diff / pinion gear stuff. During inspections all bearings sound ok. So while I had motor isolated I turned it on and all noise coming from the engine. Sounds like internal bearings or something is shot inside. Makes a good whir/wine. Not sure to replace stock 540 20t or get the 540 15t replacement. I usually run the 18650 cells I have currently in 2/4/6 increments. All work well stock. But already ordered bearing kit and it’s goin on 7months stock. I really should try a ticket with horizon. I gonna try that first

Wow thanks for that great reply. I looked further into the noise I thought were bearings in the diff / pinion gear stuff. During inspections all bearings sound ok. So while I had motor isolated I turned it on and all noise coming from the engine. Sounds like internal bearings or something is shot inside. Makes a good whir/wine. Not sure to replace stock 540 20t or get the 540 15t replacement. I usually run the 18650 cells I have currently in 2/4/6 increments. All work well stock. But already ordered bearing kit and it’s goin on 7months stock. I really should try a ticket with horizon. I gonna try that first

I run the 15T 540 arrma mega motor with 19T pinion and it's pretty quick on 2s but not to the point it's ridiculously over powered. I think you'd be happy with that.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back