Granite Upgrade Suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChristianHT

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hi Guys

I have just joined the Arrma family and would love some tips. I used to be really into RC's as a Kid had a Losi Jr T and RC10T a long time ago Lol. Feel free to treat me like a newb Lol. I asked my wife for a for the Arrma BLX for Christmas but she got me the Granite Mega and I am OK with that I don't want to hurt her feelings by returning it. I want the BLX speed or more so I was going to order some upgrades to the Truck could you guys suggestion some?

Unfortunately there is not much of an aftermarket following for these. I would suggest starting with a lipo, 2s 5000mah minimum. If you search there is a thread around here with suggestions. That will really wake her up (not that the blx needs it). Some tbr bumpers would be a great next step which are s nessecity imo. If you still have money burning a hole in your pocket look at some better tires and a radio system with a stability management feature.

Btw, I had those exact same two trucks as a teenager and have been out of the hobby until I picked up a granite blx last winter. It is crazy how much has changed since those days!

Thank you for the Suggestions Dustin I am looking into picking up a Lipo, Charger and some Tires for now. Wow how things have changed in the RC world! Looking into the Battery and Charger there are sooooo many different kind of adapters! Trying to find one with Dean's connectors already attached has been fun. Dustin those were some great trucks back then! I had a Drag Racing motor (Black magic VooDoo was 112,000 rpm) in RC10T I used to get about 3 mins of battery life Lol! but man that thing would fly!

The thing is that is going to be way more expensive the upgrade to BLX from the Mega than actually changing it for the BLX

Thank you for the Suggestions Dustin I am looking into picking up a Lipo, Charger and some Tires for now. Wow how things have changed in the RC world! Looking into the Battery and Charger there are sooooo many different kind of adapters! Trying to find one with Dean's connectors already attached has been fun. Dustin those were some great trucks back then! I had a Drag Racing motor (Black magic VooDoo was 112,000 rpm) in RC10T I used to get about 3 mins of battery life Lol! but man that thing would fly!
Where i

Where I live the guys at the hobby shop cut the wires , weld the Dean connectors for 2 dolars

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back