Granite Granite upgraded drive shaft options?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Granite Guy

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
My son's Granite Mega (BLX converted) just wrecked a rear drive shaft. I'm really getting frustrated with all of the little things that seem to break on this truck ending the driving session early. The pins on the cv joint appear to have "torn" out of holes in the yoke.

Are there any drive shafts that would be an "upgrade" or stronger so I can put this problem behind me?

Thanks.

AR310866 cvd slider shaft
AR310868 cvd wheel axle
AR310867 CVD DIFF OUTDRIVE
Some of them are available on ebay.

Or you wait for a while, they seem to back in stock this month. And yes they are very good.

I have 2 granites and have broken all kinds of stuff but the drive shafts....

Slipper is set wrong.
The slipper is a band aide fix for driveshafts breaking, you shouldn't have to mess with the slipper at all. It is a flawed design that has been in use by Traxxas since the 90s, and guess what those broke all the time too across their entire lineup from the Bandit XL5 all the way up to the E-Revo V1.

Last edited:
These appear to be out of stock at the moment, but is anyone using these Integy shafts and can comment on durability? It's got to be worlds better than the stock junk.

http://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p_prodid=35698&p_catid=492#.YT6vey1h3Fw

C28854.jpg

For those running the CVD sliders, how are they holding up? I've just been replacing stock axle shafts. At some point I need to replace them with parts that will last.

For those running the CVD sliders, how are they holding up? I've just been replacing stock axle shafts. At some point I need to replace them with parts that will last.
If you are snapping the stub axles on the stock driveshafts you will snap the stub axles on the cvds. Other than that they seem to hold up better than the stock ones. I have seen a few guys break the cv part but it doesn't happen often.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back