Granite Granite upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billy p

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
I have a granite blx 4x4 v3. I got it 20 months ago, October 2020. I have upgraded rear driveshafts to gpm ones. I upgraded them two months after I got my granite, I couldn't stand stock driveshafts, they were popping out and if I did some hacks they were breaking. Gpm appeared to be extremely tough, they are still working like new after 18 months. To mention that slipper is fully tightened. I hit throttle hard and I do standing backflips without the wheely bar. Driveshafts work perfect. Maybe I was lucky and I got a good set cause some people don't like gpm that much as I do. I have also upgraded rear diff to hot racing metal one. Around 3 months after I got granite. And around 4 months after I got granite, I upgraded spur gear to the hot racing metal one. So everything in drivetrain is metal except front diff, front driveshafts and center driveshaft. I also replaced rear wheels with duratrax which were awful. I replaced all 4 wheels with Louise 2.8 Mt cyclone mft (with beadlocks instead of glue). Awesome wheels still using them with no problems. I also changed the body, I got a tmt unbreakable for the granite. Also replaced the servo to the dsservo 35kg waterproof one. Awesome move, very powerful servo. So what I want to ask is, should I upgrade anything else? I don't mind if it is for power, strength, handling or look. Granite just runs perfect now, I can't kill something and I kind of miss that sense of buying parts and wrenching. I changed front diff 5 days ago cause I did a mistake and destroyed stock front. Old front diff lasted 1.5 years and to mention I didn't know how to drive when I bought the granite cause it was and is my only hobby grade rc car. Plus it was killed because of a mistake of mine. So I suppose the new diff will last at least one year if I don't do any bullshits with the car again. So I want you to suggest me upgrades

IMG_20220612_205225.jpg

IMG_20220612_205237.jpg

Sweet truck! Have you considered a second car? Maybe a buggy for something different.

It sounds like you enjoy tinkering and customizing, so an empty slate (Typhon TLR) or actual kit (RC8B4, 8eight-XE, EB48 2.0) could be fun.

Sweet truck! Have you considered a second car? Maybe a buggy for something different.

It sounds like you enjoy tinkering and customizing, so an empty slate (Typhon TLR) or actual kit (RC8B4, 8eight-XE, EB48 2.0) could be fun.
I have think of them a lot of times, especially the Typhon tlr but I can't give money for a second car... That's why I'm talking about upgrades. Otherwise I would get an outcast 6s or a Typhon tlr to spend more time with

Think you've done about all you can do...unless you want to get to small items like removing plastic pivot balls to metal, better turnbuckles like SS...but if they are not breaking no worries I did mine I have bent 1-2. Sure you have bearing done all over and steering...so might not be much left

Maybe add lights or custom a body of something to find to keep your hands moving :)

I have already changed pivot balls to metal ones, awesome upgrade, way better handling after this. I have also added lights I forgot to mention. Maybe I should buy a new car once I financially can
Think you've done about all you can do...unless you want to get to small items like removing plastic pivot balls to metal, better turnbuckles like SS...but if they are not breaking no worries I did mine I have bent 1-2. Sure you have bearing done all over and steering...so might not be much left

Maybe add lights or custom a body of something to find to keep your hands moving :)

I have already changed pivot balls to metal ones, awesome upgrade, way better handling after this. I have also added lights I forgot to mention. Maybe I should buy a new car once I financially can
There are those smart hacks I like others did and I did to the BR. Cut the hole in the chassis to let dirt fall out the power model and some just sealed the area. Some also added the washer and o-ring on the motor shaft to get the dirt out of the motor that gets in via that hole. Both I have done for a much cleaner motor when it is time for me to open my motor to replace the motor bearing. There few cheap to no cost tweaks to be done if you like the wrench :)

There are those smart hacks I like others did and I did to the BR. Cut the hole in the chassis to let dirt fall out the power model and some just sealed the area. Some also added the washer and o-ring on the motor shaft to get the dirt out of the motor that gets in via that hole. Both I have done for a much cleaner motor when it is time for me to open my motor to replace the motor bearing. There few cheap to no cost tweaks to be done if you like the wrench :)
Awesome! Thanks!

I would say get a Castle MX ESC, or maybe a Copperhead 10. Super smooth, gives great throttle control.

Maybe grab some 6s Typhon shocks (or even some TLRTT shocks) Makes the truck very plush.

Also, just as an FYI, Duratrax = Louise. :) I have some Lockups I really like on my Granite, but one of the wheels is bent pretty bad (wobbles) after several years of bashing.

Those tires look nice and big. If I might ask...what gearing are you using? Did you do anything else to accommodate them? Looks like they would be better in longer grass (which I run in a lot) rather than the stock ones.

Those tires look nice and big. If I might ask...what gearing are you using? Did you do anything else to accommodate them? Looks like they would be better in longer grass (which I run in a lot) rather than the stock ones.
Gearing is stock. These wheels are awesome! Granite has way more capabilities with them, because as you said they are bigger. It rarely gets stuck anywhere. I really like them!
Plus, 14mm hex version was not in stock when I got them, so I bought 12mm hexes from arrma for the granite and I fitted them. That's all! But 14mm hex version is also available, you don't need to get the 12mm ones

I saw an earlier post by you and you said you bought rpm driveshafts for your Granite BLX car. I tried to go on a web site and find them and could not find any. I am not good at finding parts and wonder if you could direct me. My driveshaft is coming apart also and would like a solution for my Arrma Granite 3s BLX truck. I am not sure how to work these forums either but I have this one bookmarked to hopefully find it again. Thanks!

You could switch everything to a lwb chassis. That would take some wrenching and change it up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back