Granite V3 Pavement Tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WickedFog

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
I was thinking about grabbing some tires for running the Granite in the parking lot near us. The surface is actually somewhat coarse concrete. My son takes the truck out and either hits the parking lot, the grass field, or the dirt yard next door.

I have been trying to keep him off the pavement because it is going to destroy the stock tires fairly quickly. The grass is destroying universal shafts. The dirt is just a mess of sticky clay type dirt/mud. This truck is so much fun on all these surfaces though, with it able to pull wheelies at speed.

I'd like to get him a set of tires to handle the pavement better to save me from some of the repairs and cleaning chores. So any tire suggestions? Thanks!

I was thinking about grabbing some tires for running the Granite in the parking lot near us. The surface is actually somewhat coarse concrete. My son takes the truck out and either hits the parking lot, the grass field, or the dirt yard next door.

I have been trying to keep him off the pavement because it is going to destroy the stock tires fairly quickly. The grass is destroying universal shafts. The dirt is just a mess of sticky clay type dirt/mud. This truck is so much fun on all these surfaces though, with it able to pull wheelies at speed.

I'd like to get him a set of tires to handle the pavement better to save me from some of the repairs and cleaning chores. So any tire suggestions? Thanks!
Do you want high traction or drifting? Two different scenarios.

Do you want high traction or drifting? Two different scenarios.
Well, my son loves doing wheelies. But he is only 9 and I keep him at 75% so far. So a bit forgiving grip might be best. He is pretty good at driving my faster cars, and rarely rolls one in a turn. But it does happen on the higher COG ones like this Granite. But neither of us are really into drifting.

I was looking at the Bandito tires. But I haven't really looked into this much yet. So any other suggestions would be great.

Last edited:
Well, my son loves doing wheelies. But he is only 9 and I keep him at 75% so far. So a bit forgiving grip might be best. He is pretty good at driving my faster cars, and rarely rolls one in a turn. But it does happen on the higher COG ones like this Granite. But neither of us are really into drifting.

I was looking at the Bandito tires. But I haven't really looked into this much yet. So any other suggestions would be great.
If cost is a factor, the Duratrax tires will be a fine choice. If you have a larger budget, ProLine makes some nice sets too, but your will spend double what Duratrax costs. You can also roll the dice on some eBay/Amazon cheap China sets. But they won’t hold up as long.

First thing you should do is switch to Typhon 3s hexes. This opens the door to way more tire options than are available to you now. Then you could try Hoons, GRP, or even the cheaper ones you find on Amazon that all have 17mm hexes.

I second what @Notorious J said👍 definitely a LOT more options in the 17mm hex. Now you also can pick up some Arrma 12mm hex's and then use some 17mm adapters but they can be a pain sometimes. But I'd suggest 17mm GRP's in harder compound like S7 for more life out of them or as mentioned above the Duratrax banditos that come in 14mm.

First thing you should do is switch to Typhon 3s hexes. This opens the door to way more tire options than are available to you now. Then you could try Hoons, GRP, or even the cheaper ones you find on Amazon that all have 17mm hexes.
I did consider doing this. But since I only have experience with buggies, crawlers, and a couple SCT's, I figured I should probably ask what might work before playing around.

Thanks guys!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back