Granite granite voltage esc broke-any cheapest suggestions for upgrades, not going for awful 3in1 esc mega srs route

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

da_xtreme

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Voltage
I decided not to replace aral1010 3in1 esc cause it might break again. any cheaper solution of brush upgrades. I was thinking keeping the motor and just changing out the esc. since its a 3in1 esc, I must change all the electronics ex receiver/transmitter, servo. can anyone recommend the cheapest route. im on tight budget and not willing to spend $100+ on a $100 RC. Im willing to go brushless if its worth it.

Changing the ESC on that truck also requires a new servo, receiver, and transmitter. You’re not getting out of this for under $100 unfortunately.

However if the truck is under two years old then arrma will send you a free replacement ESC.

Changing the ESC on that truck also requires a new servo, receiver, and transmitter. You’re not getting out of this for under $100 unfortunately.

However if the truck is under two years old then arrma will send you a free replacement ESC.
I've seen people, done with less than 100 with Chinese parts, I bought new from some dude from Ebay, so im screwed getting warranty replacement

The reciever and transmitter will prob put you over 100. But u may be able to get it done for a little less. Good luck! Might be best to wait and save and go brushless with decent components. Get some scratch offs! 💰🤑

DUMBORC X4 4CH RC Radio System Transmitter and Receiver X6F 2.4ghz Remote Controller for RC Car Boat Tanks(Distance 400m-500m) Controller Transmitter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RR81GSB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_9X3M7JNV2MSYN0EZHMZY

ANNIMOS 25kg RC Digital Servo Large Torque High Speed Full Metal Gear Waterproof 180 Degree Control Angle Red https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GJ6ZCVY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_6Z88B1GBPM4XXHAJTFP7

I use the dumbo radio on three of my car with no problem.
Easy install and you get extra channels for leds.

Same with the servo. Pretty reliable for me.

All for about $60.

Not sure if these will fit your granite voltage, i have no experience with that model.

Last edited:
I decided not to replace aral1010 3in1 esc cause it might break again. any cheaper solution of brush upgrades. I was thinking keeping the motor and just changing out the esc. since its a 3in1 esc, I must change all the electronics ex receiver/transmitter, servo. can anyone recommend the cheapest route. im on tight budget and not willing to spend $100+ on a $100 RC. Im willing to go brushless if its worth it.
https://jennysrc.com/collections/ar...et-spektrum-slt3-3ch-2-4ghz-granite-ara4312v3

https://www.amazon.com/GoolRC-Combo...uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

There ya go 👍 $71 total about cheapest way for new parts.
There's some brushed systems on Amazon too but when you factor in the cost of a servo it ends up being the same or more.

I put the firma 85a/ 4000kv motor in mine since I already had it laying around. It's $85 so out of your budget but this one I linked you is in the ball park of that. Should go nice with the stock pinion.

Just make sure the motor shaft is the same size as stock or you'll have to add in a pinion gear that fits.

Also the motor cavity on the voltage needs to be dremeled/filed out a little on the edge to accommodate wires on other motors.

Last edited:
The reciever and transmitter will prob put you over 100. But u may be able to get it done for a little less. Good luck! Might be best to wait and save and go brushless with decent components. Get some scratch offs! 💰🤑
+1
The best way to do this. All BLX.
More bang for the buck. Opens up more options and price ranges..
Unfortunately you need to spend $100. Give or take.
You got a cheap rig there to begin with. Wasn't worth much even when it was new. Probably the lowest price rig Arrma made. Toy grade electrics for a Child perhaps.
Might make more sense to just buy a 3s 4x4 rig. And don't look back.
Best to cough up the dough and get into the 6s line of Arrma rigs. What I would do. Run it on 3s. And it will be easy to drive.
Either way any Arrma rig purchased new has a 2 year warranty. This is priceless.
If new to RC, best to buy New for the warranty alone. Always.
I hope you didn't pay more than $45. for that Used rig.:unsure:

Last edited:
I might actually have a receiver laying around that works with the stock transmitter. It’s yours if you want it. Saves you $30 on the conversion.

Just let me know.

+1
The best way to do this. All BLX.
More bang for the buck. Opens up more options and price ranges..
Unfortunately you need to spend $100. Give or take.
You got a cheap rig there to begin with. Wasn't worth much even when it was new. Probably the lowest price rig Arrma made. Toy grade electrics for a Child perhaps.
Might make more sense to just buy a 3s 4x4 rig. And don't look back.
Best to cough up the dough and get into the 6s line of Arrma rigs. What I would do. Run it on 3s. And it will be easy to drive.
Either way any Arrma rig purchased new has a 2 year warranty. This is priceless.
If new to RC, best to buy New for the warranty alone. Always.
I hope you didn't pay more than $45. for that Used rig.:unsure:
Yeah if you can afford it the 6s line is the best. A whole different level than everything else Arrma has on offer.

Buy cheap buy twice, I always say, sometimes 3 times over, chasing an issue(s) that can't be remedied. Next thing you know, you could have just got the better platform, spending less in reality.
I learned from exper.
I guess we all have to learn and go through this for ourselves to realize. :unsure:
Many new to RC think that their first purchase will be the last, and $$ spent. Far from the truth. Not that simple.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back