Granite Granite Voltage mega srs - car power not turning on or moving, remote control beeping and flashing red

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ahron.reinhard

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
  3. Voltage
I’m hoping someone will be able to help me troubleshoot my problem as I wasn’t able to find the issue specifically in the manual or on this forum.
My son got a brand new granite voltage for Christmas and the vehicle no longer able to be turned on.

The 1800 MAH 7.2v NiMH battery pack is showing a full charge and and the remote control itself has 4 brand new AA batteries.

The remote itself turns on but immediately starts beeping red and flashing when I try to power on the vehicle itself. The vehicle light does not turn on and it will not move.

Background:
We followed the set up instructions carefully and everything seemed to be working fine until my son brought it outside in wet conditions.

I advised him against using it in the snow because even though the instructions do say it should be relatively fine in wet conditions as long as it’s not completely submerged in water, I figured it would not end well with all of the electronic components.
He took it out there anyway and after about 10 minutes it started to slow down and then it wasn’t responding to the remote at all.

We brought the vehicle back in to be dried off and then we waited about 10 minutes to plug back in the 1800 NiMH battery back. About an hour later the light was green again so we unplugged it.

Today when we came back to use it again we encountered the flashing, beeping problem. Another odd thing is even without the battery pack being plugged into the power cable, the green light turns out immediately when we plug it in into an outlet. I can’t recall if it only had a light when the battery pack was plugged into the power cable before but it seemed odd given all the issues with the vehicle itself.

Please let me know if you’re able to help.

Thank you!

Well, your advice to him was sound and he ignored it unfortunately. Voltage esc do not like water at all. Just a little bit is all it takes. You can try pulling off all the electronics and seal in a can of rice for several days. Or try to warranty the esc. Make him help with the process and learn from it.

If all else fails and your in the states, I am sure have an extra esc, receiver also probably. You just cover actual postage. Or rather make him cover it. I am very much into helping a kid learn a lesson from things like this to avoid future issues from not listening.

Just let me know and good luck. Welcome to the forum!

Well, your advice to him was sound and he ignored it unfortunately. Voltage esc do not like water at all. Just a little bit is all it takes. You can try pulling off all the electronics and seal in a can of rice for several days. Or try to warranty the esc. Make him help with the process and learn from it.

If all else fails and your in the states, I am sure have an extra esc, receiver also probably. You just cover actual postage. Or rather make him cover it. I am very much into helping a kid learn a lesson from things like this to avoid future issues from not listening.

Just let me know and good luck. Welcome to the forum!
Thanks for the reply! Yes, I agree this is an opportunity to teach him an age appropriate lesson that will own benefit his future listening snd decision making skills. Although I warned him about driving the remote control vehicle in the snow, he’s a stubborn 7 year and took this as a challenge. He actually took the time to read the instructions to me and pointed out they specifically mention it’s water proof, allowing it to be driven in the snow and wet outdoor conditions as long as it did not go completely underwater like a submarine. I knew that was too good to be true and waited for it to malfunction. I was hoping the week long wait after drying it off would give it time to completely “dehydrate” but the beeping and flashing of the remote wasn’t even listed as a problem we could encounter.

Luckily, it was purchased from Amazon so I’ll reach out to customer service to see what can be done as far as a warranty replacement goes and the whole experience has been so disappointing I know it will deter him from using it in the snow / wet outdoors in the future.

I also explained to him if is indeed covered under warranty and replaceable, it’s a one time deal.
If it’s not covered, he can buy a new one with own money or take the loss.

Hard lessons aside, I do think the instructions should not be claiming any water resistant capabilities and in fact they should explicitly advise against it. It’s in everyone’s best interest to avoid water, why would they encourage otherwise?

Again, I appreciate your input!

Cheers,

Ahron

Thanks for the reply! Yes, I agree this is an opportunity to teach him an age appropriate lesson that will own benefit his future listening snd decision making skills. Although I warned him about driving the remote control vehicle in the snow, he’s a stubborn 7 year and took this as a challenge. He actually took the time to read the instructions to me and pointed out they specifically mention it’s water proof, allowing it to be driven in the snow and wet outdoor conditions as long as it did not go completely underwater like a submarine. I knew that was too good to be true and waited for it to malfunction. I was hoping the week long wait after drying it off would give it time to completely “dehydrate” but the beeping and flashing of the remote wasn’t even listed as a problem we could encounter.

Luckily, it was purchased from Amazon so I’ll reach out to customer service to see what can be done as far as a warranty replacement goes and the whole experience has been so disappointing I know it will deter him from using it in the snow / wet outdoors in the future.

I also explained to him if is indeed covered under warranty and replaceable, it’s a one time deal.
If it’s not covered, he can buy a new one with own money or take the loss.

Hard lessons aside, I do think the instructions should not be claiming any water resistant capabilities and in fact they should explicitly advise against it. It’s in everyone’s best interest to avoid water, why would they encourage otherwise?

Again, I appreciate your input!

Cheers,

Ahron
The waterproofing is exaggerated as it is barely water resistant. Well just call it…marketing. Yes, I have an eight-year-old and she is stubborn as all get out so I get you there. Yup, I have no problem using Amazon return guarantees so go for it if you can. Otherwise try to warrantee it thru horizon though the fact that it was driven in snow may void it. I don’t know for sure. I’ve never tried to warranty any of the cars that My wife or kid drove into the lake.

If not too late, have you checked the trim dials on the transmitter?
If the throttle trim is turned all the way to the max, the ESC will not "start" the car and blink RED instead. This is a safety to prevent the car going full throttle as soon as you push the ON switch. Dial the trim back to middle position and it should solve the issue. more info here: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/esc-blinking-red-resolved.47532/

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back