Granite voltage out drives/differential problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fuseman30

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Voltage
Bought my 7 year old son a voltage for Christmas. First day bashing and the center pin for the diff snapped clean right behind the outdrive. I’m no novice to RC, but this seems very odd to me. Before I go scouring the the far edges of the Internet for a beefier option, I thought I would post here and see if anyone else has a viable solution. I have already purchased a new diff set to get him Back up and running, but there has to be better made(maybe metal) option out there. Please help and thanks!

There is no other better option for the diff itself the plastic diff output cups stripping is the most often part that fails. Very rare to see the pin break. Ran my brushess converted Voltage on 3s with 4x4 Granite tires and never broke that part. Running 6s diff input cups for the diff cups now and only stripped a spur once. Sucks getting access to the diff to change it though having to split the chassis apart.

Thank you for the replies everyone. Gonna call Horizon and see what happens. Thanks for the heads up on the chassis split Cheapbastard. I’ll stock up on diff cups while I’m at it. Seems strange that Arrma does not offer an optional slipper.

Last edited:
You could simply call Horizon and they will send you the replacement parts.
Spoke to Horizon Hobbies today and got the parts I needed. Rep is sending me the 10mm 4 pin set ARAC8007. Not happy about the down time or faulty part, but Horizon customer service experience was great.

Last edited:
Spoke to Horizon Hobbies today and got the parts I needed. Rep is sending me the 10mm 4 pin set ARAC8007. Not happy about the down time or faulty part, but Horizon customer service experience was great.
Ok quick update on the fix. Broken diff removed and new diff in. Never seen a harden steel out drive crack like this, guessing it was faulty.
E2AC6C60-F33F-45FB-B3CA-75622FA6B4C9.jpeg
7430DE64-BB10-4BA6-B66E-6B43E4EBE14D.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back