Granite Granite Voltage upgrades?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
Awesome thanks guys. I'm debating on going with the 15t mega 540 with a 25t pinion or possible just a 13t brushed and stay with the 19t pinion. Thoughts?

Awesome thanks guys. I'm debating on going with the 15t mega 540 with a 25t pinion or possible just a 13t brushed and stay with the 19t pinion. Thoughts?

I don't know how hot or cold it is where you are, where you run and hard you run but both of those options the motor will probably run real hot unless it's cold outside. I would go with a 15t 540 with the stock 19t pinion see how it runs and how hot the motor gets first.

I would also look at getting some steel diff output cups like these https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Arrma-In...051998&hash=item59267d43f9:g:l0cAAOSw6idcsHpR

I don't know how hot or cold it is where you are, where you run and hard you run but both of those options the motor will probably run real hot unless it's cold outside. I would go with a 15t 540 with the stock 19t pinion see how it runs and how hot the motor gets first.

I would also look at getting some steel diff output cups like these https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Arrma-In...051998&hash=item59267d43f9:g:l0cAAOSw6idcsHpR
Being that I'm in Florida I'm sure heat will play a part. I'll take your advice and do just the motor swap with the mega 12t 540 or possibly the gool rc 13t...Funny thing is I bought the granite and the fazon and heard from someone you couldn't do a motor swap at all so I also ordered the losi 22s st also. Now I'm finding out I could've upgraded the motor all along. Seriously debating on not sending one of the voltages back just to keep a spare to beat on and tinker with when I'm not running the losi.

Being that I'm in Florida I'm sure heat will play a part. I'll take your advice and do just the motor swap with the mega 12t 540 or possibly the gool rc 13t...Funny thing is I bought the granite and the fazon and heard from someone you couldn't do a motor swap at all so I also ordered the losi 22s st also. Now I'm finding out I could've upgraded the motor all along. Seriously debating on not sending one of the voltages back just to keep a spare to beat on and tinker with when I'm not running the losi.

The Gool motors are cheap so if you burn one out it won't be a big loss so I guess it might be worth a shot to try. It's supposed to be a 40a continuous esc so you should be able to run 15t motor as with anything though heat will be the indicator if something is being overworked. Mine was brand new but missing the esc. I got it for less than $30 shipped on a eBay auction. I only spun the stock motor never really run it and could tell it wouldn't be fast enough for me. I put a spare XL5 esc and 12t Titan 550 motor in it with some spare electronics in it (tx/rx servo) and it ran fast enough to have fun but still the motor ran hot. The placement of the motor doesn't allow much airflow but mounting a fan above the hole on top does help. But yeah it's just a cheap entry beginner level rc not really meant to be hopped up. The gears are fairly durable but the diff cups strip easy and there's no slipper clutch. The all in one stuff electronics I am not a fan of but it fits it's price point. I made mine brushless and it's been fun but the platform is not worth really worth investing a lot into. The stuff I put into it was stuff I had laying around. The Losi at $149.99 seems like a great buy.

i67qDyu.jpg
SkW10l0.jpg

56521545_10213688319629351_261599139375087616_n.jpg

56691372_10213688320269367_4639367267333701632_n.jpg

I had a 540 17t brushed Associated motor in it for a couple packs, but it got hot in any grass. Now I've got a HobbyWing 60a ESC, and Hobbystar 3660 2600kv motor with 25t pinion. I also added some heat reflective tape behind the motor, ahead of where the gears sit. It's a super reliable jumper now, not dumb fast, but will easily handle a Mega 4x4 running lipo, while the 2wd is on nimh lol. I put nimh in it and hand it off to my 8yr old cousin. I haven't had to replace the diff cups yet, but there is notice play after ~25 packs, nimh and 2s. Oh and the Tbone bumper actually fits this model!

I thought about replacing the stock motor with an official Arrma "Mega" 550 brushed version. It doesn't appear to come with this. Would it make a difference? And it is easy to install? What pinion should I use? Thanks!
I put the arrma 12 turn motor 19 tooth pinion. Run 2s . Runs great probably 20 runs nothing broken. Pulls front wheels off ground easily. Just don't run on high traction areas.want to get better tires for traction but will probably break outpost drives.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back