Granite Granite Voltage upgrades?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First post here!
I've got a Fazon Voltage headed my way (for the wife actually), but I'm kind of excited to play with it myself : )
Of course, I've had to already be ordering upgrades for it before I've even got it here yet. Going to be running 2s 5400mah Lipo. I just ordered the Arrma Mega 15T 540 motor; from my web searching it looks to be about 3300kv, as opposed to the stock 20T which looks to be a 2100kv. I'm going to try it out on the stock 19t pinion and see how she goes. I'm in Alaska, so maybe in colder months could even try out the 25t pinion (with snow paddles!?).

I've seen the YouTube vid of the guy who swapped to a GoolRc 13T 540 and stock 19t pinion and seemed to run really well! My guesstimate is that the 13T 540 would be 3900kv or so, but my thinking was for long term that might be a bit too aggressive...
Was tempted to try the 12T 550, but I'm thinking the 550 series may generate too much heat for the platform, judging by some other posts here. Overall, after thinking it over, the 15T 540 seemed like the best compromise for brushed. We'll see : )

I'll post up in a few weeks when I'll be back in town and ready to play with it, first stock, then with the motor swap, hoping the $20 motor will make a nice difference. Amazing how cool these modern trucks are nowadays for $100!

Many seem to say the brushless motors from off brands work well and are consistent. It's the ESC that folks have problems with. That said, get a brushless system with wires that exit the end of the motor opposite the output shaft. It helps having to avoid modifying the chassis to accommodate.

Well, we have wheelies. Arrma 12T 550 and a YR 40mm fan mounted to blow through the motor compartment. The lipo did drain quicker than before, but we still got almost thirty minutes out of it.
Hopefully I can keep myself from messing around with it any more for a month or two.

Haha. It's raining now, but when he can get some grip I'll record him.

He didn't want to drive, and as you can see he isn't the best filmer.

Aaaaand I broke it. Recorded the earlier video before taking him to school, got greedy and put the nineteen tooth pinion in when I got home. Idler, spur, and differential gears are now toast. But it would hold a wheelie indefinitely for about three minutes before something internal lost teeth. Haha.

Aaaaand I broke it. Recorded the earlier video before taking him to school, got greedy and put the nineteen tooth pinion in when I got home. Idler, spur, and differential gears are now toast. But it would hold a wheelie indefinitely for about three minutes before something internal lost teeth. Haha.
Well, we have wheelies. Arrma 12T 550 and a YR 40mm fan mounted to blow through the motor compartment. The lipo did drain quicker than before, but we still got almost thirty minutes out of it. View attachment 31578Hopefully I can keep myself from messing around with it any more for a month or two.
Did you screw that fan down?

Did you screw that fan down?

One screw, through the end of the housing for the spur gear on the out side. The motor wire clip, back of the spur cover, and the ESC hold the other three sides pretty securely in place.

Are you running 3s? how is your diff holding? I'm planning on putting a similar set up on mine with a 3800kv motor. Probably will be running the 16t pinion for bashing and drop in the 25t for a speed run to see how fast she will be.
diff is holding up well, its down for broken shocks at the moment. I have a 25t with the stock motor on my fazon voltage. It gets that motor hot but it drives a lot better. doesn't spin the tires 24/7. I may try it on the brushless setup tonight.

diff is holding up well, its down for broken shocks at the moment. I have a 25t with the stock motor on my fazon voltage. It gets that motor hot but it drives a lot better. doesn't spin the tires 24/7. I may try it on the brushless setup tonight.
How'd that go?

Damn was just going to buy the Arrma 12t motor tomorrow and throw it in my granite voltage , I have the metal out drive upgrade someone here on the forum suggested , so do you think I should just stick with the Arrma 15t 540 motor?? I have extra spur gear and stuff but don't want to have to split the car apart to replace idler gears and what not

Damn was just going to buy the Arrma 12t motor tomorrow and throw it in my granite voltage , I have the metal out drive upgrade someone here on the forum suggested , so do you think I should just stick with the Arrma 15t 540 motor?? I have extra spur gear and stuff but don't want to have to split the car apart to replace idler gears and what not
I've got the 12t in my son's GV. You're going to need a fan. But it's so fast.

Went to my LHS today and went with the arrma 15t 540 can motor just to be safe, i figured the 40amp esc would be able to handle it because the esc that comes in the other trucks that run the 15t are 35 amp. Broke the motor in with the water bath method, motor ran great on the 19t pinion got speeds close to 35mph but esc and motor got very hot and now she won't hit anything faster then 25 mph :( so now im back to square one and stock basically

Does anyone know where and possibly what the part number is for a 21t pinion for the fazon?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back