Granite Granite Wheel Hexes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaPa Thorn

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Notorious
  4. Typhon 6s
I'm ordering my wife's birthday present this Fri. and she was asking me about wheels. Which would give her more wheel options, leaving them 14mm or switching to 17mm hexes? And if the latter, any recommendations on some good ones?

I'm ordering my wife's birthday present this Fri. and she was asking me about wheels. Which would give her more wheel options, leaving them 14mm or switching to 17mm hexes? And if the latter, any recommendations on some good ones?
I switch all my trucks to 17mm. There are some 14mm from Duratrax that you can choose from, but most commonly you will choose between 12mm and 17mm.

Any suggestions on brands, how to's, tips?

Brownie recipes?
My favorites are the MX28 Badlands. Best grip all around without excess traction rolling. Plenty of mass to do tricks. Good amount of cushioning when you land on the wheels, which happens sometimes for me ?

Proline have 14mm now

My favorites are the MX28 Badlands. Best grip all around without excess traction rolling. Plenty of mass to do tricks. Good amount of cushioning when you land on the wheels, which happens sometimes for me ?

Thank you but I ment which brand of hex's for the conversion of the 14mm to 17mm. :LOL:

Thank you but I ment which brand of hex's for the conversion of the 14mm to 17mm. :LOL:
I have the HR 17mm x 10mm offset adapters. Just be careful not to over tighten the barrel nut on the axle. I broke one of my axles off inside that nut and it was a pain drilling out that busted off axle and retapping the nut.

On mine, I prefer the Trencher's over the MX28's, I find them better on the street or parking lot is I want to rip around there at all.

On mine, I prefer the Trencher's over the MX28's, I find them better on the street or parking lot is I want to rip around there at all.
That’s cool. For me the Trenchers aren’t as good at holding a line for me. I have the Belted Trenchers, so maybe that’s the difference. My Badlands hold a great line.

I have the HR 17mm x 10mm offset adapters. Just be careful not to over tighten the barrel nut on the axle. I broke one of my axles off inside that nut and it was a pain drilling out that busted off axle and retapping the nut.

Funny story...I was so paranoid about over-tightening them upon the first install I underdid it and ended up losing a wheel while rolling down the street...twice! I finally said screw it and really wrenched them down. So far so good but that does remind me I want to pick up some spare barrel nuts just in case. I don't have the time/patience to work at drilling/tapping. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EILWAJ0/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=A1YLD6DK9B7ZV6&psc=1

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back