Granite wheel hubs, stock replacement or aftermarket?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sldnx01

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Good morning, I'm back to this site after 2 years. Rebuilt my granite yesterday and posted about wheels. Today I have a question about hubs. I need new all around. I cant pull the driveshafts out and one hex is stuck. all my wheel bearings are screwed. Question is, should I get the stock replacements, or go aftermarket, if so which shall I choose?
**Background knowledge, its' the 2wd Granite, but I have a castle motor and esc on 2s lipo, she goes pretty good. (I haven't actually had any hubs break yet)**

Not quite the same, but I've got the ARRMA cast aluminum hexes on my granite 4x4 brushless conversion and they are working fine so far, but those are 14mm. Not sure about the 12mm version that you would need, but the 14mm version has a little grub screw in it to keep the on the wheel axle, which I appreciate. I don't like some of the super-cheap aluminum hexes on eBay because there isn't really anything hold them on. The clamp-style aluminum hexes are also nice, but a bit more expensive than the ARRMA ones. We are still only talking $10-$15 vs $8, so not really a huge deal if you like them better.

Either way, I wouldn't stay with the stock plastic wheel hexes. If you have to spend money anyway, might as well pay for some form of aluminum hex. They don't cost much, and even the cheapest ones are generally more durable than the plastic hexes.

More durable as in don't strip out the wheel hex as easily and they also don't flex/bend/smash into the face of the bearing when you tighten down the wheel nuts.

I used to have that problem in the past with plastic hexes. Hated those.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back